Resolved - Bug Squashed notifications

This bug has been squashed
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have a problem with this as well, but it might be that I made a change that I shouldn't have. 😂
I tried to turn off email notifications for threads that I follow, but they kept coming, and instead there was no notification on the web page so I have to search for it.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Our mail service's logs say you are actually suppressed due to a bounce 18 minutes ago.

"554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy"

Also that on Jan 23 9:32PM our host received a spam complaint from you about the "What did you last repair??" thread.

So.. that's what's happening. Your mail host is telling our mail service to bugger off :) And we are complying to avoid being tagged as spammers.

Try using the suppression list removal tool again, and avoid pressing any buttons that say "unsubscribe" in your mail client.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I can't say. It's just what's in the logs. You'd have to ask your email host why they transmit them or what UI clicks cause them. I've always guessed using the client/host "unsubscribe" button to unsubscribe from a thread using the list-unsubscribe header rather than the link back to diyAudio in the email itself, that unsubscribes you from a single thread. Possibly accidentally clicking the "Mark as spam" button, or moving the mail into the spam folder.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Same here. The delay between new post on the Forum, and email in my Inbox, is about 20 hours.

O/S is Windows 7
Location is California USA
email client is Thunderbird (see below)
browser is Brave (see below)

_

Attachments

• email_client.PNG
    email_client.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 47
  • browser.PNG
    browser.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 50
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Marking as resolved as the "16 hour delay" issue recently has been fixed, and there is ambiguity now about what is being discussed in this thread and the original post was 3 months ago. Closing thread. For new issues, please start a new thread so specific issues can be focused and addressed. Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.