• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NOS or old potentiometers pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again, I am looking for some NOS audio or log potentiometers. I need, like, twenty. or more. The value should be within 1k to 500k. I have looked at Nebraska surplus, electronicssurplus.com, Ebay (obviously), 73.com, cascade surplus, allelectronics, I just can't find what I really want. The reason why I want NOS is because I feel the quality of the taper was better back in the sixties and seventies, also the quality of the carbon was better. I might be smoking crack , but that is what I believe.
If you have any used potentiometers, like from an old mixer (doubtful but worth asking), I'd be interested in that too. they must be older than the eighties.

Thank you.

vintage tubes mixed with new parts

Isn't there anyone who has some older RFT or Piher log potentiometers? Come on somewhere there a pile of old panel mount pots just collecting dust.
If that ain't enough to attract attention, then here is something that will: Is it sacrilege to use new potentiometers on a piece of tube gear made with nothing but vintage parts (minus wire)? I cannot see me installing chinese pots in a vintage Marshall amplifier. Am I exagerating?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.