Non-DIY Yorkville

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I'm new to speakers and putting together a PA system to do kids dances at the church. Not ready to build my own yet, but plan to in the future.

For now, I have a Yorkville TX9s subwoofer to fill the bottom:

Yorkville Sound: TX

Specifications

System TypeRectangular Subwoofer Active or PassivePassive Program Power (Watts)1700 Nominal Impedance (Ohms)4 Sensitivity (dB @1Watt/1m)98 Max SPL (dB)131 Frequency Response (Hz +/- 3db)30-130 Crossover Frequency (Hz)
LF Driver(s)2 x 18 inch, cast frame Inputs - Speakon 4-pin2 Wheels2 Bar Handles8 Enclosure Materials18mm / .71 inch - 13-ply baltic birch plywood Grille16 gauge perforated metal Covering / FinishBlack Ultrathane Paint Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches)24.8 x 24 x 51 Dimensions (DWH xbackW, cm)63 x 61 x 130 Weight (lbs/kg)191.8 / 87

My question is: How much amplifier do I need to drive it?

A friend has a QSC RMX2450 for sale for $450. Good amp? Good price?

Thanks for the education!

Dave

If you have a single TX9, and run the 2450 into it bridged mono, you'll have 2400W driving a speaker rated to handle 1700W. That's good for headroom, I think you'll be okay. Will you be using an active crossover, and if so, does it have output limiters?

"Will you be using an active crossover, and if so, does it have output limiters?"

Ya hert yer what?

We have 4 Mackie 1530s (2 of them are "z" units), a Mackie CFX12 mixer, a laptop running Traktor Pro 2.5, and the TX9S. I know we need an amp for the sub, but I have no clue what else we need for a basic church dance set-up.

ANY advice is more than WELCOME!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.