Noise on subwoofer output - Onkyo TX SR876

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried replacing the integrator capacitor - Did not change anything
Replace the NE5532 OpAmp in the integrator - BINGO?

I replaced with a TL072, which is a bit smaller package as the image shows
2019-02-07_083004_DSC_2244.JPG
2019-02-07_083313_DSC_2248.JPG

I have not seen the noise after changing the OpAmp.
I will still put back a NE5532 when possible (and hope the issue do not re-appear)

HOWEVER, now i have some issue with the signal not making it all the way to the pre-out and speaker terminals. I have had this issue a few times before (unrelated to the sporadic-noise). I think it is a matter of a bad connection to the relays and it did play at some point yesterday.
I will look into this after i get my NE5532.

Done

Finally everything seems to work.
I think this have been my longest repair job.

After the last post the audio output was gone from pre-out and speaker terminals. However this was fixed just by disassembly+reassembly. The physical construction with riser boards and etc. is not fantastic.

This week i also got the correct replacement opamp - NE5532A in the SO8
housing (a bit wide than SOIC8)
2019-03-03_104223_DSC_2502_smaller.jpg

I also made a modification so amplifiers for surround back channels for subwoofer (7ch -> 5.2 ch amp)

I put the receiver back to my parents again.
The room correction worked just fine with the amplified-Subwoofer modification.
I also tested with a single WW2-movie and the subwoofer gave just the right supplement. I did not think about the subwoofers as being underpowered as tanks where rumbling through.
2019-03-24_210933_IMG_7732.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.