No Power to Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought an 8" Pyle sub that came in a box with the amp already installed. I hooked it up. No power. So after 3 days of trying to fix it. Nada. So i thought i blew the board so i bout a new amp that is 200 watts. And took the old amp out and hooked up the new one. And the same happens. But this time my friends swear the can feel the SMALLEST bump, but i think it was the bass in the normal speakers. Can anyone help me with my little problem? thanks.

Did you forget to connect the amp to a 14.4v power source? Don't be offended. Many moons ago while in high school I worked at a car stereo shop on the weekends. One Saturday a customer stopped by wanting to exchange an amp he bought during the week because he said, "it didn't work". When I went out to his car to have a look, I saw the speakers were connected but there was no power connected to the amp. When I told him the amp needed to be powered he just looked at me in puzzlement. He had no clue.

kilowattski said:
Did you forget to connect the amp to a 14.4v power source? Don't be offended. Many moons ago while in high school I worked at a car stereo shop on the weekends. One Saturday a customer stopped by wanting to exchange an amp he bought during the week because he said, "it didn't work". When I went out to his car to have a look, I saw the speakers were connected but there was no power connected to the amp. When I told him the amp needed to be powered he just looked at me in puzzlement. He had no clue.

yea i hooked it up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.