no moving coil no fixed magnet and no cone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
why would you ad a heavy metal ring to the edge of the hemisphere. and not a light coil ?

you use it as an solonoide ?/electromagnet core into a coil ? if so is the core not a bit heavy to modulate ?

i will be going back to the start and reread, saying it is sooo easy wont help much i think. i dont see replies here where poeple say aaah yeah sure good idea thats easy.

last but not least since you made one already do you have a picture ? it might help understanding it. i love new ideas dont get me wrong!

Oh you say coils. are there more then one coils at the edge of where you cut the sphere ? or just one.

yes no ring this is why i say ferrous metal slugs instead will help with re radiation as the hemisphere will try to ring
this is why i added ring damper {reflex dampen} set up
for the high power levitating hemisphere {very high power 10KW 90 % energy transfer just line in and power

so no amp no cone no moving coils and no fixed magnet

perhaps you should just go buy a hamster ball and make a coil ring
and add some type of EMF coupling to the hemispheres

you can drive a small coil set from one fet and run it at 300V or so
i used 150v modulated by a transformer and an amp
and direct drive the coils rings

look at the pictures in your minds eye
i dont need to draw it on paper you can just invisage it

the sub system picture is plenty
it sits flat the hemisphere above the main outer coil set
the inner driver coil set
and perhaps some simple spring setup

you need to think outside a box and a cone first!!!!

Last edited:
let all try to stay chilled and hammer out a design that produces whats needed

so things to think about

hemesphere drive
size of sphere
thickness of the wall
what metal to use as the slug set
what cores to use for optimal coupling
what spring/rubber stantions setup
what fixed point to reuse {for stereo sst}
the mono sub sound will just use springs and a screws

if you just cant get it
then you never will

so give up

i already know it works and dont need
'yes i see how it works'

Simeon W, a picture is better than a 1,000 words, maybe 10,000 words here as no one has so far been able to comprehend what you are explaining.
A picture or several pictures of your 'working' prototype will probably be better than doing more explaining.
Would you be able to do that ?

I wouldn't say we are stuck with a cone , coil and fixed magnets, there are several other types even without any cones at all like plasmas and microwave generated sound ! This one seems to beat us hollow !:)
Thanks.

exactly a ring of solonids quality!!!

and a ring of slugs that move the hemosphere at the same time as the apex ring
perhaps a mod ring
perhaps some cross over is needed etc etc so the apex gets the high tones the base of the hemisphere gets the low end
the single hemsphere gets the bass bump

so your mostly if not all...there .... you see its easy ....

i dont know about hard to understand
i speak chinese and french spanish german and italian
so my english although its my native language
i do forget my diction and grasp of grammer

its natural as these languages like chinese use complex set based parcibles not a string of alpha sets

i really just speak c and c++ these days

and try to describe stuff as best i can....

Last edited:
Alright, Simon says he will assist someone if they wish to construct one.
I myself do not have the time it takes to do so, otherwise I would, but surely someone here does (??)

Who will it be? Inquiring minds are waiting..;)

the brief i gave my self was
to remove the moving coil the fixed mag and the cone and dipole system
and most of the weight and problems with 'speakers'
and thats what ive done to every sonic and RF device...

tessla was a cool doode for sure
wonder what he would have done with an sst...

took me about 4hrs and an old 3V35 video recorder motor
to convert a hamster plastic walker ball to a LR stereo speaker and mic

however non developed and tuned it does work
and is a brand new type of speaker and mic

this is why i need decent simulation software
to work out how to texture the outside of the hemesphere and its inside design

ye my name is simeon in english etc , chimon in hebrew or, zimin in chinese
7th son of jacobe etcetc

i just came here for help to make a fully working unit speaker and mic {walk around} or quadro etc
as i imagined in the first place
and to make it perhaps main stream ie i dont need money and no material gain intended on my part

this idea has not been sent to anyone else other than linn audio and my government who are still shaking in there boots...

Last edited:
as mentioned a picture of the working prototype might give me the aaaah thats what you mean thingy, and i am gladly assisting someone or whatever but i first have to grasp the basics of a design or i wont plunge in.

I do must say it is getting annoying how many times you say it is easy and and imply people that dont get the idea are being short sighted or even not the smartest tool in the shed. (not literally your words but i recon a few people might get that feeling) and i must add i recon , that the whole people dont understand it when you expplain it in words must have sounded familiar to you, i dont think its the first time people dont understand what you want to say. just take a step back and relax. for you its easy since you came up with it or at least thought it out. for us it is like a puzzle at the moment, and you go waaaaay to fast, i cant think of small things like thickness and materials if i dont even have a clue how it works. just my 2 cents !

i lose any form of gramitcs when i am excited and have to type in non native English :)

Last edited:
as an idea you can make a ultrasonic transducer ball shaped and self contained {from a solid block of machined quartz}
charged on park and clean pipes in say a nucular plant cooling system etc etc

park charge carry on cleaning
or for making high power crowd disperser
sonic mapping
and can be used as pulse induction 3 d mapping
like a 3d metal detector map to depth ...

all very easy from one SST set to task

im not sure that people 'who cant see' and need a 'picture' need be here
you should not post in this topic as your too negative
and have nothing to add ???
this wont that wont ... too much/
doesnt win a war...

if you dont like or cany get the idea go away because you never will
sorry but leave my topic your too negative... with nothing positive to say

so you want a picture of a hamster walker ball with badly done stuff
to what prove what you cant see...??? from the design concept

??

dont make.... with the negative waves!!!!

you must understand its a basic idea thats quite viable ....
i tell you go get a hamster ball then make a ring of coils {solonoids } right hand rule wound
then make one !!
THEN tell me it wont work as a speaker and a mic ??
then you can post a youtube video of my concept working...
its that simple as i know it does
not well just now but i need better machining and finish and design redesign in a simulation enviroment
to avoid protos this and negative waves is what zaps any dev moneys and can sink a good idea ....

Last edited:
i dont suffer fools well sorry

life is not a picture its cold hard fact and detraction to depth of an idea

good idea
if you post here please post you can do this you can do that
but take time get involved and your post actually develops the topic for sure...
or im left with linn audio response is to xhit a brick and no help looking at retooling

so dont look at something then dive bomb it first
let it develop a bit.. please

im not a hard guy but i already know SSTS works
it just needs the diy crowd to make it work
much like radio hams like me in the 80s made the internet 'work'

have you seen an SST before?
did you think about this as a design?
has anyone ever mentioned this type of architecture too you before ?

if your answer is no to all three then you are the one who needs to take a step back for sure

Last edited:
As long as you are not willing to show any pictures of a prototype or at least a clearly labeled, readable drawing, this thread will lead nowhere.

You are describing something that exists (yet) only in your head. And your description is vague, incoherent and uses a lot of technical terms wrong or in an unusual manner. No one but yourself is currently able to understand what you are saying.

If you really want the diy community to take a closer look at your invention, you need to give us something to look at.

Regards,
Rundmaus

arrogant in real life not

self assured ....

last time i checked the name of the topic headers is
Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

so i posted as an alternative tech ?? whats wrong with that
you came here and read the topic then posted the
i dont understand stuff
if you DONT want to help fine go away as youve nothing positive to say
and i see you dont dispute it actually works

im happy to develop the wood type next with a machined coil set
and embeded slugs

much louder and more defined and will give me a root 1meter dia sphere size
for 1:1 @ 1 {thousand 1K }

the point is to make it work better like a speaker has with time
as it very obviously does
even a scientist can tell you that...

Last edited:
As long as you are not willing to show any pictures of a prototype or at least a clearly labeled, readable drawing, this thread will lead nowhere.

You are describing something that exists (yet) only in your head. And your description is vague, incoherent and uses a lot of technical terms wrong or in an unusual manner. No one but yourself is currently able to understand what you are saying.

If you really want the diy community to take a closer look at your invention, you need to give us something to look at.

Regards,
Rundmaus

im describing and have provided a viable drawing of a physical device

i will make an effort to record it working and post it on you tube

for the non believers here ... :rolleyes:

just dont want to post it up before ive made a wood one
i recon 2 weeks to machine it

just feels i get my cash arm twisted to even get the diy guys involved

terrible
you should all take a step back and cry

ive made myself out my flesh and give you FREE the best single new concept of any type of spectrum defusion device ever

eek ...

for instance

is their anyone here who can machine hemespheres
a cast is better and easy done....
i want wood first
perhaps resin paper mash...
mix the paper with one part when dry pulp
then mix in the hardener then press to hemesphere 1meter dia will give 1:1 @ 1Khz spread..
im working out the model for it
so the circles will mount at distance from base = f=pi(r(t/r2))

Last edited:
Thought it was an university that made the internet work..... but thanks !

Aha about the 3 questions, i need to take a step back how? i asked if you might be able to explain it. apparently you cant , that's ok ,and i added that a picture might help allot.(so did someone else)

But dont try to turn this around and make me(and others) that guy that does not know ****.
You do this in almost every post you make, did you know ? I am not even sure if you try to hide this very bad feature of yourself. i could make a list of sentences that maybe dont sound hard to you, but i might remind you the way you use them might get people pissed off.

- I don't suffer fools well. again this one is in plain sight, you are so intelligent you cant stand people that are not as smart as you (i bet you would jump from a bridge if you encountered anyone you think is smarter then you)

- You made the internet work(and your HAM buddies).. this sentence is only there to give you some sort of good feeling about how well you did in the past, and make me shiver

- have you seen an SST before?
did you think about this as a design?
has anyone ever mentioned this type of architecture too you before ?
if your answer is no to all three then you are the one who needs to take a step back for sure
not hearing anything about SST, i must be a complete retard right ?

-however i can see how it works and that to me is all that matters ok what are you doing here then?

- if you just cant get it
then you never will
so give up
aha ok

-i already know it works and dont need
'yes i see how it works'

- i dont know about hard to understand
i speak chinese and french spanish german and italian
so my English although its my native language
well good to know, damned i only speak 2, there goes the idea of ever grasping this thing.

Just a minor compilation.

Not sure where you came from , but everyone here is eager to see new ideas and everyone wants to think along with a project. but the very very very basic would be understanding the apparatus. and i never encountered in the 12 years i read this forum a guy that is so full of himself he does not even want to show it or explain it.

Last edited:
Realize there are (multiple) language barriers here and things can get misunderstood, easily. :cool:

Yes, posting the YouTube video, I think that is a good idea, but I don't think it's because we're '"non-believers".

Please, let's not get too defensive, I don't think anyone was being negative, just scrutinizing a bit. Wanting to understand before investing time or money,
that's all....

My 2 cents

WrineX: wreckingball

chill out and dont be a bone picker

stay chilled and watch the topic only
and resist to post

it doest add to the topic in hand
your ruff stuff

as i said if you need a video or a picture of a thing working past a diagram and intelect
then there is no post needed here.....
i already know the ssts works
its just a matter to perfect it
light weight high power no amp etc
get real and help and stop trying to take a dump on the topic please
or ill have to talk to the mod guys terrible

nothing to say??? say nothing

Last edited:
This is a forum where people discuss topics. It is no stage for self-declared performers who want to talk about their miraculous inventions without being interrupted by questions.

Facts or it didn't happen, it's that simple. If you want to discuss and improve your design with the help of this community, you really need to give some understandable information about what we are discussing.

If you don't want discussion but brainless admirers instead, find yourself a different stage to perform on. By the way, the thread has already been reported to the mods due to your inacceptable behaviour towards other forum members.

Regards,
Rundmaus

oh man

i dont want the guy to get heat

i just wanted to take a diy idea for a brand new way of thinking
about speakers

its blown out of the water this topic and needs a cut up

and structure to facts
about the SST

its not a bloat about me and mine

its defence of something ive worked very slowly towards
and need further help from what is a DIY forum

so.. perhaps i should just do it all myself

...???

any idea how this tech impacts stuff??

sorry for any miss conformace ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.