No more Aleph, why?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aleph production

Nine years is long time for a technology in a market place that thrives on technical innovation and new technology. Also the X amps are less speaker dependent and are geared more closely to what the consumer expects in terms terms of a what a typical solid state amp sounds like. Passlabs is a business and has to build what the custormer wants to buy. I don't quite think the Aleph concept is quite dead commercially yet and is obviously near and dear to Nelson Pass's heart.

http://www.passlabs.com/prodlit/xalit.htm

At any rate the Aleph design is going strong in the DIY community and is one of the best sounding topologies for solid state amps out there. It is a great sounding amp. When are you going to build yours?

H.H.

Aleph fate

Back in January, N.P. said the following:

Posted by Nelson Pass on 01-14-2002 03:24 PM:

"Just a postscript on the fate of the Aleph design. We
have re-acquired the Aleph for the purpose of integrating
it into the XA products at Pass Labs, and I intend to put
newer Alephs onto the market in something resembling
the original and current circuit.

The Volksamp Alephs are terrific products; in my opinion
better performing than the originals, but they have only
enjoyed lackluster sales, and that is, of course, not
acceptable."

Break down ... New product ... DIY ... Marketing

I know that in the Video business (example ... VCR's), manufacturers learnt that if the product don't break down (look at the older VCR's), consumers are not going to buy new ones and thus no revenue ... no profit. The newer VCR will only last one day after the warranty expires.

I don't know how does Pass Labs stay in business ... what with products that don't break down and now encouraging DIY where we'll built it for next to nothing. May be Pass Labs has a "patented" marketing department where ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.