No-global-loop amplification

@Pinnocchio

I am glad that your setup is working in perfect condition now, grounding issues are usually problematic in some specific setups, or with specific amplifiers.

@Maty Tinman

I would love to send you two SMPS-600 units at cut off price if you are interested, like 50% discount, let me know if you are interested.

For the upcoming new SMPS versions.

SMPS350
SMPS630
SMPS1200

Something completely new, with many added futures.

Thanks for all

Valery, Jeff,

I must say that after listening for several hours to this amplifier, it really does something amazing with jazz and vocals! Strings are really really good!

Just need to buy a new chassis for this amp and it will go into my keeper collection!

All the best & Happy New Year!

Do

Hi Do,

I'm pleased you've noticed that :)
Acoustic instruments and vocals - it shines the most with those kinds of music material.

Also, try to listen to some good recordings of a big band - like Les Brown's Band of Renown in high resolution - you will be able to distinguish practically every instrument in the band. Precise positioning of the sources within the soundstage. Plus very nice tonal balance - delicate highs, natural mids, rich (but not over-damped) lows. Acoustic system is not a "point source" anymore - it's a musical instrument by itself.

Happy New Year and best wishes!

Cheers,
Valery

Ah, yes, Valery, true depth of image, huh?

Yes Hugh, this design is the great learning for me in terms of the priorities, important for the true sound quality. I'm moving forward from there, exploring non-traditional methods of error correction.

The "formula" I have in mind these days is more or less the following:
A limited number of high-quality (linearity, bandwidth) stages - local feedback in each of them - and then just a little bit of "overall housekeeping" with an efficient error correction mechanism. Optimal output impedance is also important - no overdamping!
Some of our offline discussions are really inspiring - I appreciate them very much :worship:

All to do with the gleebal foodbuck, n'est pas?

Tout à fait d'accord - we have to be very careful with gleebal foodbuck, especially in the power amplifiers ;)

A Happy New Year to you and your family,

Hugh

Happy New Year - lots of success, joy, happiness, health, and energy to you and all your loved ones :cheers:

My question Why is necessary such high voltage capacitors? I have som BG 63V caps I would love to use them... Greetings and Happy New year! Thank Do for your feedback I was waiting on it.

Hi,

Having +/-50V at the rails, 63V caps will be fine. Just make sure they fit the board holes properly. 100-160V in the BOM is a combination of convenient size in general and availability in our stock in particular (470uF 160V) ;)

Cheers,
Valery

Hi,

Having +/-50V at the rails, 63V caps will be fine. Just make sure they fit the board holes properly. 100-160V in the BOM is a combination of convenient size in general and availability in our stock in particular (470uF 160V) ;)

Cheers,
Valery

Thank you, they feet well big sized BG caps. I only can use with this project because of their size, I believe it worth to use them here.
Cheers

This time i will start in the opposite way. :cool:
At the first is a diy enclosure.
I hope that i will have a full tested Simpelstark soon.:wrench:

Attachments

• IMG_20200211_124653.jpg
    IMG_20200211_124653.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_20200211_125139.jpg
    IMG_20200211_125139.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_20200211_183820.jpg
    IMG_20200211_183820.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Good for you Thimios, you are on the right track. When I designed pcb's for a living, it was the ME who gave us a board outline drawing after the prelim mech was designed, it was never the other way around. If we could not fit the comps on the provided board outline, then we went through the reiterative process to nail it down.

Hi Valery, hope all is well with you. I have some boards being fab'd at JLC right now, probably best to stick with the std default process to get them through faster, looks like they will meet their 2-3 day build schedule, I see that they are in test right now. Have to use DHL in order to guarantee a timely delivery, can not trust the postal method.

take care Rick