• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nice chassis at eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I recently purchased 2 of these from a seller at eBay. They are very well built and are a great building platform for tube amps and preamps. The price I thought was very reasonable considering the other options out there. I have not seen them advertised here before, I have no interest in the builder's venture, I just wanted to pass on what I thought was a very good product for the price IMHO.

Here is the link to the eBay ad:

Tube Amp Chassis 13x10x2 Aluminum Amplifier Preamp - eBay (item 250636654805 end time Dec-16-10 16:39:25 PST)

Cheers,
Jeff

I am working with a purchasing company STR to locate the manufacturer of the aluminum chassis that are sold at DIY Gene's website. The prices of some of his are decent but most are over priced with shipping costs more than $100 to $125 in some case. I am convinced these could be purchased directly from the manufacturer for 1/4 to 1/10th the cost in some casesand shipped freight to the USA for pennies on the dollar compared to eBay webstore rates. You know if you can walk into Walmart and buy a DVD player from a no name company like Coby for $19.97, somebody is producing the chassis for that thing for a dollar or two.

Once I figure out the details and find what I want I am going to start ordering lots of 20 to 30 of these and offering them here and elsewhere with a reasonable markup and appropriate shipping fees. Hopefully in the next few months we can start to have some quality chassis at affordable rates. I will certainly keep the forum posted on this, I think there is plenty of interest for a good chassis at a good price. I know I have been thinking about this for a while now.

Cheers,
Jeff

let me know if you run into roadblocks. i am an american diy guy based in asia and ive gone to hong kong and shenzen to personally pich up decent chassis due to the freight costs. i went straight to the suppliers and i can get the big cusyom alupanel chassis with heatsinks for 40-60 usd including knobs, ice jacks etc. with shipping it hits two hundred or so.

im convinced i could fit two hundred chassis easily in a twenty foot container and ship to the west coast. and at two hundred the price should change again... and then you can order four different kinds to fill up the container, have a logo or not silkscreened etc. and if you go steel ony and not alu prices drop dramatically. i went alu since i love the look.

shipping a container is about 3,000 usd from china to the west coast incouding insurance and customs brokerage excl. taxes.

so oet me know, i can probably help out on my end if needed. i cant do much once the container is in the usa. im not interested in profit, just to help out my fellow diy community.

I am working with a purchasing company STR to locate the manufacturer of the aluminum chassis that are sold at DIY Gene's website. The prices of some of his are decent but most are over priced with shipping costs more than $100 to $125 in some case. I am convinced these could be purchased directly from the manufacturer for 1/4 to 1/10th the cost in some casesand shipped freight to the USA for pennies on the dollar compared to eBay webstore rates. You know if you can walk into Walmart and buy a DVD player from a no name company like Coby for $19.97, somebody is producing the chassis for that thing for a dollar or two.

Once I figure out the details and find what I want I am going to start ordering lots of 20 to 30 of these and offering them here and elsewhere with a reasonable markup and appropriate shipping fees. Hopefully in the next few months we can start to have some quality chassis at affordable rates. I will certainly keep the forum posted on this, I think there is plenty of interest for a good chassis at a good price. I know I have been thinking about this for a while now.

Cheers,
Jeff

Cheers,
Jeff

Did you ever find any thing worth shipping to the states?

I bought a chassis from Antek off e-bay a little while back. He said it would take 2 weeks to arrive, but a month later and I still didn't have it. I ended up having to file a complaint with e-bay before I could get him to send it. I'm happy with the quality of the chassis, but I don't know if I'd ever order from him again.

I've bought a few of the VT4C in hong kong. The chassis is excellent, the knobs a bit less so. I'm changing out the knobs though.

The shipping is what looked like a deal breaker so to fix that i had one of my collegues in hong kong order the chassis to his home, and on a business trip to hong kong i picked up a few. I really like those chassis with one exception, they have some company logo stamped on the front of them. I can't remove the logo, i've tried with rubbing alcohol but it didn't do anything. I'd like some advise on removing the logo if anyone has experience with this.

oh, one more thing. i can't get the aircraft paint remover chemical here in singapore. i'm pretty much limited to using regular household chemicals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.