• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

nib drivers f/s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the following vintage drivers for sale: 1-Celestion HF 2000 nib used in many high end British speakers (IMF, Spendor, etc.).
2- Peerless KO 40 midrange drivers used in the Gale 401 and others.
2 Audax Tweeters HD 12x 9D used in many speakers.
1- KEF b139 sp 1044 widely used in many British speakers.
All drivers are new in box. make a reasonable offer.
The Audax and Peerless are matched pairs.

Last edited:
Hi,

New member here - just joined 10 mins ago in fact.

I have a pair of Gale 401s that have been in storage for a long time (long story :()

Managed to get them back just a couple of weeks ago so connected them up to my old Naim pre amp / amp and sat back expecting to re hear the dlights I once knew.

Much disappointment.

Based on what I've read thus far these babies are in need of a complete re-build so I may be in the market for the Peerless units if they are still available.

I read somewhere else that the originals were reference No 821615.

As I'm a complete beginner at this and haven't even taken the speakers apart yet I'm not sure as to what I need or where to get it.

Let me know if you think your Peerless units are a direct /comparable / recommended replacement.

Thanks

Peerless KO 40

I do not know what model KO40 Ira Gale used in the 401. The ones I have were made for the Atkinson TL Hi Fi News monitors and were coated on the KO 40 chamber to dampen vibration. These were supposedly superior to Stock KO40's due to less vibration in the chamber.

I do not know what model KO40 Ira Gale used in the 401. The ones I have were made for the Atkinson TL Hi Fi News monitors and were coated on the KO 40 chamber to dampen vibration. These were supposedly superior to Stock KO40's due to less vibration in the chamber.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've started the strip down of the first speaker - taken out all the drivers, crossover etc.

It looks like all they need is to be re-foamed so I think I'll go that route as a first course of action. I'd like to keep them as original as possible.

Thanks again for getting back to me - I'll certainly keep you in mind if I end up needing them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.