Newbie advice needed on books/programs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody have any recommendations on books and or computer based programs to explain digital audio well? I am not an EE, but can get hands on help from co-workers if need be.

The majority of the people here seem to be extrememly knowledgable, and I am sure I can learn a lot. Besides, I would rather not look like a total *** and read up on things before I ask ridiulous questions.....

Eric

PS-Thanks for the help from everyone and feel free to IM me, as I am on quite a bit for work stuff....

Pohlmann

<i>Principles of Digital Audio, Fourth Edition</i> by Ken C. Pohlmann (ISBN 0-07-134819-0) is the best resource I've ever encountered. If you don't have a background in engineering, you may need to do further reading to understand everything (Fourier transforms, etc). Even if you don't feel like doing the extra research, I'm sure it would be a very rewarding read. <a href="http://www.music.miami.edu/programs/mue/Faculty/pda.html" target="_blank">Here's</a> a link with some information on the book.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.