New to site looking for flat pack options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perceval - while I've not actually built a pair of TABAQs, just comparing the various design drawings to numerous other enclosure types I have built, the Pensil is also a pretty darned simple build - most notably if less than extremely elaborate bracing schemes are employed.

Chris,

What bracing scheme with the TABAQs? :)

The Pensils have those elaborate bracing, the TABAQs don't.

It's just 4 walls, 2 plates for top and bottom, plus one more for the vent. Everything is squared, no fancy cuts or angles.

Also, I feel that having the driver a little lower in the column cleans up the output.

Yeah, I thought that was self explanatory- but then, nothing that goes unsaid is ever clear, so my bad.

What I should have said is that the basic TABAQ design looks like a pretty simple construction project, and in overall terms, the basic Pensils- or any of sundry MLTL / adjacent are as well. Having built scores of enclosures encompassing many different architectures, I’ll opine that the design math takes primacy over the types of materials, and details such as bracing, wire, damping material choices, etc. It is a delicate balancing act, and some of those aforementioned choices can certainly affect the sonic outcome - others are as much a matter of individual builder’s comfort / expertise with techniques as anything else.

There is no “best” for all - period.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.