new source for cheap heatsinks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was stumbling through my school's computer junkyard and may have found a new source for nice heatsinks cheap. old apple powerpc processors have a sink on them roughly the size of a dollar bill. checking out ebay (search for 604e), i found these things going for around $10. not too bad compaired to some of the stuff goin. maybe a bit more than the pentium 3 sinks people seem to be using, but also a bit bigger for those looking to not have to use fans to keep their GCs cool.

figured i let everyone in my find. good luck and keep up the good projects (mine still are works in progress)

Yes, many useful things often turn up from the junkyard.
I convert an old car cassette player for casing recently. This one is nicely black powder coated. Most of those players have reasonable heatsink(in fact, the whole chasis is the heatsink)
Change the faceplate with a piece of wood, and you have a beauty classic look.
For the power humpty, I salvaged a computer PSU. The IEC sockets can be re-used. Cost me next to nothing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.