New site

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Dear friends,

I hope you think that the new site is an improvement on the last.

You will immediately notice the new logo, which I think represents what we are all about. The "fantatic" byline has been changed, I'm not sold on the new one but I just wanted to get the site up - it may change (back) again shortly.

I've added a Pass Labs and digital forum in response to your feedback to my <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=495">last thread</a>. Sorting the 800 odd threads into their new forums has been a bit of a headache and I am sure I have missed more than a few that should be moved from where they are. If you find a thread that you think should be somewhere else, please email me and I will move it.

Looking to the future, I want to implement your suggestions about fixing and improving the links section, and creating some way of finding the best parts and the cheapest prices.

I also want to upgrade the forum software to the latest version (which is very cool). This will cost some, so I was thinking about doing some "fanatic" T-shirts through <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=diyaudio">cafepress</a> to help fund it.

Anyway, I hope this change makes diyAudio feel just that bit more like home.

Happy listening.

Jason.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
fcel: If you have any questions about SACD please post them in the <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9">digital forum</a>. There needs to be a large amount of support for a topic in order for a seperate forum to be created.

Identifying strong topics in the "Everything else" forum would be nice. Parts, cabling, electronics, it's all mixed in there but none seem to be strong enough by themselves. Digital was given it's own forum because it is a definate topic in and by itself, I hope that it having it's own forum draws some more attention to the (fascinating) topic.

VERY nice!

Jason, nice job! It looks great! Now, I only have one question, and keep in mind this is being asked without having completely checked out the new forum layouts and what not. Do the forums now <i>correctly</i> show what the new articles are since I was last here? (They didn't before, and I had to look at the dates/times to figure out what they were, and yes, I know about the red envelopes, they weren't accurate)

Other than that, it looks great, oh, and when do you want more links? I can send you several that I look at!

Good job and worthy of support

So let us know how we can support the site. I don't have a problem tossing a few bucks your way - good content deserves it since there so little of it out on the web. Lord knows we all spend lots of money (however much lots is to us depends on our own resources) on this addiction, so supporting our habit here is not unreasonable.

So let us know what works for you.

Jason,
Picking at nits...
At least on my screen (Netscape, 1024x768) the home page runs off the right side. I think the word "Reference" is the culprit, here. Yes, the slider at the bottom can be pressed into service, but it'd be nice to have it all pull in at once, if possible.
Other than that...nice!

Grey

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Doh. Teach me not to check it in Netscape. The styles weren't being used either (netscape wants styles for each TD tag). The main logo is a PNG - it looks like Netscape 4.7 doesn't support PNG transparency either :(, I'll change it to a GIF.

How is it now, grey?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.