New Poll: How many hours do you listen to music each week

How many hours do you listen to music in a week?

• Less than 5 , but not zero

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 5 to < 10

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 10 to < 15

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 15 to < 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 20 to < 25

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 25 to < 30

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 30 to < 35

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 35 to < 40

• 40 to < 45

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 45 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, please ignore the other poll .. This is the correct one. Post your answer in the anonymous poll, as only those are counted. But discussion is fine.

I'm doing a poll on how long people listen to music each week. It is for an assignment in my statistics class. Just give me your best estimate on how long you attentively listen to music in a week. Can be a car stereo or home stereo. Can be a video of a live concert or music videos. Background music you hear at a work place or movie music does not count. The more people who respond the better and just give your best estimate of how long you typically listen in a week. Thanks so much!

I listen to music all day at work 6 days a week 9 hours a day, so 54 hours. I do an additional 10-15 hours at home. I'm in control of the music choices at both venues and never listen to radio except in the car. I buy 300-400 CDs per year. So I guess my answer is actually 10-15 hours with the work DQ'd. Although my work music is not really background music as I curate it and listen pretty intently but thre are interruptions.

Last edited:
Just looking for time you attentively listen to music, not as background music as such. It can be at work if you are selecting and choosing what you listen to. A guess is fine as to how long you attentively listen during work ours. What ever you feel fits is fine with me.

Background music starts at 9 AM, playing until 10PM. During this time I sit down and listen with increased volume 1-2 hrs. Otherwise I listen to radio in the car and while working in my garage.
When I'm at work I listen to music 07:00 to 19:00 or 19:00 to 07:00 with headphones on one of my ears most of the time.

I voted 30-35 hrs every week. Really concentrating on music will be 7-14 hrs every week.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.