New Moderators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.;)

One big qualification is the willingness to do a largely thankless job for no pay and no glory. And to accept some new limitations on things you'd like to post but now can't. When I've seen some hilariously stupid posts, my personal inclination is to say something funny and cutting, but now as a mod, I've got to be a good boy!

I'm living proof that mods are not selected for technical talent.

FOr the love of God how could you ? Cal is in BC for pitys sake. Probably on that mini paradise island known as Vancouver.

They dont understand pain and suffering there. They live in utopia :bawling:

Get some real long suffering easterner, Does he know anything about snow ? Cant be a moderator if you live in 15+c weather 12 months of the year

OMG ... ALL the Mods live in warm climates :( its a conspiracy. Get us interested in audio and busy with projects so we will not contemplate moving anywhere near them. How could we all have been so blind :confused:

Ill go there in July and never come home, i will sleep in Daves' back yard. Dont worry, dogs love me.

You all have wireless out that way ?:bigeyes:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Originally posted by Madmike2
Probably on that mini paradise island known as Vancouver.

On the island we call Vancouver the Big Smoke, because of the lower quality of the air, cleanliness, and general haste of the lifestyle over there :)

The real paradise (in Canada anyway) is out here on the south-eastern tip of the island... closer to the Japanese current that keeps things warm, a 1/3rd the rain. more interesting roads, a 10th the number of people...

dave

planet10 said:

The real paradise (in Canada anyway) is out here on the south-eastern tip of the island... > , a 10th the number of people... <

dave

I hear that. I actually had to hurt someone again last night. I try to talk them out of stupidity but they never listen. Too many people in too small a space. I dont know how people survive L.A county. I liked it better in my small little town where everyone respected everyone else. None of that here in toronto.

:(

Actually in Vancouver it rains more often than the tourism ads would have you believe. It's why people leave. It's what the locals tell everyone else we have to put up with. It's one of the techniques used to keep population density down.

And don't let Dave fool you. The Island may have cleaner air and whales, but it doesn't have food, patios and worldly hip-ness.

:)ensen

PS: Sorry mikey, but the rumours about Lotusland are true.

PPS: Congratulations to the new mods and many thanks to the entire lot of them, past and present!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.