New member with Allen and Heath Zed 428 mixer problem

Hi I am a new member of the forum, I hope i am in the correct part of the forum
I have an Allen and Heath ZED 428 analog mixer that i use for my small home recording unit
The mixer has a problem on 1 channel so its not a major problem,
if the eq button is pressed to activate the eq then the sound disappears, when i press again the sound is back
So on this channel i have no control of the eq
I have some experience of repairing various Analog audio "things"
I intend to open up the mixer and remove the channel and see if i can repair it
Any help with this would be great! (drawings ?)
Regards James

Hi Osvaldo,
yes that will be the first thing that i will check, i will also take out a working channel so that i ca compare the cards

Hi Dotneck335,
thanks for the link I purchased the mixer with out docs so i searched on the internet and got the normal user manual but that's as far as i got

Hi,
i don't want to check the mixer at the moment as i can live with 1 channel without eq.
Later this year i am doing some upgrades to my small studio which involves changing and adding more cables + patchbay
I also want to replace the fan
i will give feedback later this year
Regards
P.S if any one has any more info, drawings it would be appreciated!

i guess signal tracing is becoming a lost art...cuz that's the way i would go about finding out just where things are going south.

sometimes schematics aren't necessary you've got several working channels with which to compare.

i'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it will come down to something mundane like bad solder joints on the switch...did you try contact cleaner?