New Member from North-Central PA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all. I'm from Willilamsport, PA and am getting back into playing (keyboards) again after a 20+ year hiatus. When I got out of the business, I sold my Prophet 5, B3, Rhodes, And Arp String Machine and didn't look back. MIDI was something that not a lot of people knew much about, and the Timex Sinclair was a hot commodity. Things sure have changed.

This time around, I'm going to try using all VST's on a good, fast, rack-mount PC with an Emu 1212M sound card. I've got TruePianos. B4 II, and ProteusX LE, plus a bunch of other freebie VSTi's running inside Herma Seib's VSTHost. My midi boards are a Fatar SL990XP, Axiom61, and a crappy Radium 61, all running thru a MOTU Micro Lite midi merger thingy into a USB 2.0 port on the PC.

I've run into several issues with this rig but that's to be expected when one goes out and buys a bunch of stuff and plugs it all together for the first time. The issues have to do with the stability of the MOTU unit, and the Emu Patchwork software. Latency is a phenomenal 2-3 ms @ 48K with 128 sample buffer.

I'm 52, fat, and have gray hair - but I can still play and have fun. What's the adage - arrive at your funeral all burned out and used up because once you're gone, you're gone, and 'ya can't take it with you. . . something like that. ;o):Piano: :Piano:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.