New line array project...need recomendations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sealed no way. OB sure. 2 pieces of plywood held together with a couple of cross pieces forming an opening with slightly less width than the drivers. 2 screws per driver in opposite corners or just tape them on OR if you have a router, just route a groove in the sides of the 2 pieces of wood and slide the drivers in. Don't worry about small gaps. They make almost no difference in OB since there's no pressure trying to escape.

If you lay that whole unit up against a mattress, you'll get some idea what Aperiodic will do, but leakage thru the front will reduce it from what your actual results would be.

chipco3434 said:
I just can't get enough of OB line arrays and I dig the SPL. So here's the latest project that was inspired by the McIntosh XRT-29.

Each speaker will run between 32 and 40 PE Pioneer 4" drivers. I will series/parallel them into a 4-5 ohm load. This will make for two columns of speakers.

McIntosh separates their drivers with tweeters... ????

BillFitzmaurice said:
Having two midbass lines straddling a tweeter line will lead to serious comb filtering. Leave it at one midbass line and one tweeter line. As for tweeters the new Dayton ND20TB looks promising for LAs.

How does McIntosh avoid the comb filtering issue?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.