New Jordan Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting. Looks like mechanical damping has been significantly backed off relative to the first Eikona. And back to being manufactured in Denmark, like the original 92 model. Be interesting to see the responses when they're put up on the site. Looks like it'll prefer relatively small boxes, as far as regular vented alignments are concerned.

Jordan loudspeaker drive units

Measured parameters

Dia 100 mm effective diameter
Qts 0.304 total Q
Qes 0.347 electrical Q
Qms 2.432 mechanical Q
Fs 40 Hz free air resonance Res 6.0 Ohms DC resistance
Ls 315.1 µH, series inductance
Lp 472.6 µH, lossy series inductance
Rp 4.954 Ohms, loss across Lp % shift 42.9 % resonance with box
Vas 14.65 litres, air volume equivalent
Mms 9.346 grams effective mass
Cms 1.691 m/N, compliance
BL 6.373 T*m, motor strength n0 260.2 %
max efficiency Spl sens 86.15 dB SPL max at 1w absorbed
Xmax (lin) +/- 5mm linear xmax (max) +/- 10 mm
maximum power 50 watts continuous 100 watts peak

This is funny, because I was just thinking about how my Eikonas (the original) were just starting to break in...

I can't wait to see the measurements. I wonder if the HF response will really be much better. The high end on my pair of Eikona 1 drivers is good, but it could use some help from about 10K up to be as excellent as the midrange.

If Jordan fixed that, then my pairs of Eikona 1 and JXR6HD will be going up for sale. Let's see.

is it just me, or at £185.00 ea + 20% VAT for UK buyers, or local import taxes, etc plus "carriage" , the Eikona1 are "rather dear" (current exchange rate = $680 Cdn / pr before taxes and shipping) and at £155.00 the 2 isn't far behind.

Thats what I was thinking. It looks darn nice and probably quite good performance wise but the low spl,s limit its usefulness.I paid less than that for 8 of the tb w4-1337's and i doubt there is much that will better them for the price. They are quite remarkable in their detail.

I almost bought a pair of Eikona but could not get past the frame shape. Now that the Eikona 2 has a round frame, I will probably pick up a pair to replace/compare with the JX92s. And despite what others will say the older JX92s can still hold its own against "newer" "full range" drivers. It won't saw your ears off, works well in many types of enclosures, can offer very wide bandwidth in the right enclosure, is moderately efficient and actually will play very loud before distorting and there are a lot of designs floating around. And no, I do not have an axe to grind. Hopefully, the Eikon 2 will be a worthy successor.

About 5 years back as I recall. And a number of my friends / acquaintances have had unfortunate dealings with them also in recent years -how recent I can't honestly say however, so YMMV on that score. I didn't know about any ownership changes etc. since I follow my basic principal of never giving a company a second chance after abysmal service. Perhaps all is well now. But they've cooked their goose in no uncertain terms with me I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Latest update on the Eikona 2 - there are now a couple of enclosure designs available in addition to venerable VTL.

http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/drivers

I know Ted is plotting a wall-mounted enclosure of some sort but that isn't on the website yet.

Re Wilmslow - I know competition isn't exactly huge in the UK but these days any company stands or falls by its customer service.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.