New Jasper Jig for Palm routers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I hope you might find this info helpful. I believe somewhere in 2002 I purchased a Jasper Jig to cut circular holes for my speakers. I had both versions for bigger and smaller openings and used them without a hitch with my Bosch router. Fast forward some... ugh 17 years... About a year ago I have purchased BOSCH Palm router 1917 kit and quite enjoyed using it on various projects. I just assumed my jigs will work with it until I needed it... just to discover that was not the case. And worst... there was no available jig to be purchased. I wrote to Jasper Jig and got prompt answer - a new jig for Palm router is in the works and will be available soon... So as of today I am a happy owner of a new Jasper Jig for small Palm Routers. I love it. They added a centering circle for precise mounting and centering. Highly recommended to fellow speaker builders. Obviously I have no connection with Jasper Jig, just passing info about... circles. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_7764.jpg
    IMG_7764.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_7765.jpg
    IMG_7765.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_7767.jpg
    IMG_7767.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_7769.jpg
    IMG_7769.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_7773.jpg
    IMG_7773.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 221
I bought a jasper jig and a bosch palm router at the same time thinking they would play together.... I ended up drilling/counterboring new holes in the jig... sort of a pain, but it worked.

I am pleased that jasper is coming out with a new jig.

Attachments

• 20200222_160735.jpg
    20200222_160735.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 20200222_160755.jpg
    20200222_160755.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I bought a jasper jig and a bosch palm router at the same time thinking they would play together.... I ended up drilling/counterboring new holes in the jig... sort of a pain, but it worked.

I am pleased that jasper is coming out with a new jig.

Yes, the same with me. I was sort of excited to use a smaller Bosch router, but when I tried... no go. Well, logical given that I purchased Jasper Jig 17 years ago when that palm router did not exists yet. I also ended up reluctantly making custom holes in my previous jig. But it is a good time to upgrade, so I ended up with the new one as well. I even used those on my routing table, and find that very convenient.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.