New icepower amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Im building a new amp based on the icepower module, this is a subwoofer amp that will have a internal subwoofer xo with three freq choices and three bass boost choices as well as a on/off for the boost. It will also have a ability for a signal detect function that can be added later as it will have a standby board so power to the amp can be turned off while the xo is still active.

Heres some pics of this thing asx far as i have came:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What do you think ? Yes its real ugly but i am going to make a cover for it if it turns out good.

Tekko said:
Laur1, only xo i have :p

Bgt, i cannot resize the pics, the server i store them on does not allow delete or replace. And i dident have the cameras edit progs installed.

In WinXP you can select the picture in the file manager, and select "resize picture". I figure some day I need to get 34" 2560 resolution. The MAC has something like that which is beautiful, but costs $$$.:xeye:

Tekko said:
I take that as you don´t want any pics from me then, fine no more pics from me about anything anymore.

Pinkmouse, or another moderator/admin, please remove all my pics.

I think lots of people want the pictures, but don't like the wait every time they come into the thread. With over 2M ADSL, I don't mind, but it's difficult for many others.

How do you get the pics in there? Cut and Paste?

I feel for anyone having to use dial up these days, but why should my pictures look worse because of you? (joking)

Those pics loaded up in under 2 seconds for me and I enjoyed viewing them.

Instead of messing with resizing (though it's nice not to have to scroll around to see the whole thing) save them as PNG which gives perfect quality and the smallest possible file size. You can also zip them so that no one without the bandwidth has to suffer the load times, they just won't click to download it and can still read the thread. A resized bitmap is still a huge file.. never upload a bitmap and everyone will be happy.

Looks like a fun project Tekko, looking forward to the rest of it. BTW you must have a great camera there's nothing that didn't show up in those pics.

Regards

Jocko Homo said:
Since you feel sorry for me, are you going to send a donation so that I can move into the 21st century???

Jocko

subwo1 said:
I just keep my dial-up acceleration compression set to minimum quality, and if there is a picture I want a better look at, I select "view with full quality" in my image right click options. Do most other dial up services offer the "5x faster" compression option these days? Now, I agree that I prefer not to have to scroll left and right when reading text.

Aren't there some software that will let you use two modems to get twice the speed? I used a product like that before and it seemed to work pretty well.
:)

soongsc said:
Aren't there some software that will let you use two modems to get twice the speed? I used a product like that before and it seemed to work pretty well.
:)

I have heard of that type of thing. Someone mentioned that in the olden days before various present high-speed methods became more available, several modems on as many separate phone lines could work in unison because of software.

No, it is not just a dollar or two more. Try twice as much.

I have tried some of those compression schemes, and they tend to muck up the brower's cache. Meaning that I had to constantly clear it to see the actual page I was viewing, and not an old version stored in cache.

You will never see Phred getting DSL, as he definitely does not want to answer the phone.

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.