New Hifi Engine website

I contacted the webmaster (owner?) last week to try to resolve access to VE. He was helpful but the issue hasn't been resolved. It appears that his biggest challenge has been from the constant barrage of bots, scrapers & fake accounts. I don't envy him.
I briefly owned a very active forum several years ago and got rid of it as quick as I could. I saw the writing on the wall that it would be a full-time job running the site. And this was long before AI and all the other challenges from thieves and pirates.

Reactions: 1 user
Folks, I am in process of making a website to replace HiFi Engine and looking to recruit help. My issue with that site started last week while visiting a local friend also in the Vintage repair business. He was at he moment fixing a fisher receiver, he attempted to download the manual from HiFi Engine it didn't work, not thinking about it I volunteer to use my login to see if would work (or if it was a temporary website issue, etc) and now we are both banned for life. My colleague (a 65 year old man well respected in the southern Ontario audio community with 45 years expience & 20 year speaker designer at Angstrom Speakers (when Higher Fidelity Company own it)) was using the site day prior with no issue, that was his first download that day. He & I were both long time users and never believe we violated any rules & respected the site's rules. Apparently they don't respect users and banned them for what ever reason they feel. So be it, don't care if the owner is that petty its his site to be petty about. I have registered HifiEgine.ca and have approx 100g of schematics to initially populate it with. I plan to offer the same upload/download ability but what I would like to change is obviously the "banning for life" aspect, have a method to contact me if there is a problem, I don't care if users have more then one account, larger download quota per day, and if someone wants a copy of everything on site they can cover my cost to ship a usb drive to them, not have the pfd's password protect so user can clean there copy up should they so decide, (again another of HiFiEngine.com's petty doings, guy it password protecting a item he is basically pirating himself (come on really!, Hypocrite at its finest)) etc etc. Basically remove the petty paranoid crap Hifiengine.com presently has. I am willing to maintain site myself as in terms of cost/equipment just need website programming help to get it going. Any body interested please contact me
What can I do? HIFi engine won’t let anyone from the United States download anything with Apple or Verzion account’s so how do I do it now? Do I have to go to the Library? What I want is everything on the Sony Model CRF-330K 33- Band Shortwave Radio with Cassette Player-Recorder. I’m legally Blind & 73 years old & need some help.

I'm guessing the fire went out on this pipedream. The op hasn't updated this in years & hasn't posted on this forum since May, there's no hifiengine.ca website and the domain expires in less than a month.

The majority of "better mousetraps" end up buried in a dusty drawer.