NEw Hemp Acoustics Dual Concentrics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,Ive just been on Hemps web site and seen their new Dual concentric drivers .These look very interesting.I have heard the Tannoy kensington ,a ten inch dual and liked this very much.I would like to build a smaller version using Hemp's CO8v eight inch driver.I would like to build a floor stander but the vas is only 22.5 .Any ideas? Has anyone used these drivers yet?...thanks ...James

I've been thinking about these drivers too. If I was to use them I had thought of getting the CO8v as well and crossing to say a PHL 15 or 18 inch driver for the bass.

My instincts tell me the 8 inch will do midrange better justice than a 15 inch co-axial, but how was the midrange on the 10 inch tannoy that you heard?

I'd use DEQX for crossover duties.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
:cop:

mrkahn and Jamesuk1 I moved your posts to Texas. Don't worry you've done nothing wrong. But the information contained, and specifically the link, is old news and not an accurate reflection of Hemp Acoustics.

I've emailed Nanook to ask him if he can provide a quick clarification, hopefully he will post a reply here in this thread.

Thanks.

not a distributor, BUT....

I have been "appointed" the customer service associate job. Perry has not been particularly good at answering emails, and often gets a deluge of them.

I will have a look at the Texas Thread, to see what needs to be addressed regarding any concerns that I am aware of. Know that e-speakers and Solen are distributors and any questions regarding their stock should be addressed to them in North America. There is a European distributor (in the UK). All purchases should be made there if in Europe. I'll have to dig out the addy for them and I will post it here.

Regarding the link, this represents a seriously slanderous action by a few who over a period of some time have been disgruntled with Perry. I cannot comment on the details, but I can tell you that if people have been unhappy with Perry, they need take it up directly with him.

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings (whether real or imagined), the proof is in the product. Perry has been pushing for more than one design, and OEM sales. Sometimes things end up on the webpage prematurely. He really is very excitable (read that as enthusiast) concerning his products. hope that helps.

But please no more referrals to dubious web pages and possible negative effects on sales. The more this happens, the more likely someone, somewhere could end up in a Province of Quebec courtroom to answer for this. Even posting that link on diyAudio leaves the BBS as open to litigation. (even getting a summons in the mail and refusing to show up for court can result in a warrant to be issued. And PQ Courts frown upon Anglos ---'Merican or otherwise, who disrespect the French Provincial court system. )

Please understand that in no way am I threatening any (nor should anyone here :) ). I am pointing out that posting this link can have a negative effect on diyAudio.com. The moderators generally do a great job policing, hence the move to "Texas"

Hope this answers any concerns. Please feel free to email me directly should you feel the need. AFAIACd this should kill off this finally.

stew

Stew, are you able to provide better FR curves for the coaxes? the ones posted look suspiciously like the eqivalent Radian versions and I'd be most interested to see individual driver responses, not summed and smoothed. Most interested in the 8 and 15 coaxes.
I emailled Perry about this ages back and was promised some, but they never eventuated.
Cheers

ShinOBIWAN said:
But the information contained, and specifically the link, is old news and not an accurate reflection of Hemp Acoustics.

I agree that's old news and that website goes way too far, but there's small bits of good information on it that might need thinking on it no ?

I tend to have confidence in John Janowitz, in particular.

I think we all had our fair share of problems in the DIY world that the community should at least be warned no ?

I don't want to start a debate here, but hiding true or false information which is now in the public domain isn't helping anybody.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
simon5 said:

I agree that's old news and that website goes way too far, but there's small bits of good information on it that might need thinking on it no ?

I tend to have confidence in John Janowitz, in particular.

I think we all had our fair share of problems in the DIY world that the community should at least be warned no ?

I don't want to start a debate here, but hiding true or false information which is now in the public domain isn't helping anybody.

:cop:

Sorry but like I said before, this topic isn't up for debate.

Whatever the argument, this place is not the venue to discuss hearsay and events which transpired elsewhere. The problem with doing so is finding the real truth of the arguments and that's not to be taken lightly given the ramifications and the whole of idea of cause and effect.

In cases like this the only clear cut action for us to take is wash our hands of it and say "not on here, please". Its not censorship and nor are we hiding information, its the only sensible course of action for the long term stability of the forum.

Hope folks understand.

This isn't sitting right with me. I agree, this is not the place to discuss external affairs, and I would much rather discuss speaker theory. So in the best interest of the forum why leave up a threatening post like Nanook's above, who obviously has a commercial interest to protect? Remove it all, and let the discussion focus on the OP's original question, has anyone heard these drivers and have a comment on them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.