• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW!! GB for Vicol Shiga Transport MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted these words by mistake in another conversation, sorry for this, this is the right place to do it :

Tibi :
Can you refresh my memory, and may be someones's else, about the price of everything, with the best you can deliver, including that simple but hard to make upgrade that consists in the replacement of smd parts of the transport? Just the final price. Folks, I am talking about the most expensive and exquisite option that Tibi is offering here. There are here other options that can suit you.

Last edited:
Polaron,

The offer is already in GB sheet. Move your mouse over table header and you get prices.

Shiga MKII high grade include Tentlabs low jitter clock, Mundorf silver-gold-oil cap, Vishay naked Z-foil resistors, Oscon and tantalum caps, silver mica decouplings, high-grade power supply, manual vertical SMD mounting, moded CD mechanic.
Total price is 519€ + shipping + 4% paypal fee
In case you live in EU 24% VAT may be applied unless you provide me a valid VAT code.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
I was wondering if I shipped you one of the older style mechs with the copper ribbon cable if you could do the mods for the price listed on the GB for a modded transport?
I have 2,one I am going to try the other I wouldn't mind letting the experts do. I could include payment in the GB when you are ready for payments.Thanks!
Steve

Hi Tibi,
I was wondering if I shipped you one of the older style mechs with the copper ribbon cable if you could do the mods for the price listed on the GB for a modded transport?
I have 2,one I am going to try the other I wouldn't mind letting the experts do. I could include payment in the GB when you are ready for payments.Thanks!
Steve

Hi,

Unless you have an old - hard to find Sanyo SF-P101N-16P - I suggest you to subscribe for a new high grade CD mechanic in GB list. With shipping from US to Romania and back you get cheaper with a new one.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi,
It is the older mech with the black frame and copper ribbon cable, but I do need to check shipping cost. I am a very meticulous person and I think I can do the solder work its more if I am placing caps in the correct position from photo's and schematics. It seem like getting it right the first time verses repeated attempts is what I want. Also after 12-31 will the transformer and pucks not be available anymore? Great Project!! Thanks for all the work!
Steve

Hi Tibi,
It is the older mech with the black frame and copper ribbon cable, but I do need to check shipping cost. I am a very meticulous person and I think I can do the solder work its more if I am placing caps in the correct position from photo's and schematics. It seem like getting it right the first time verses repeated attempts is what I want. Also after 12-31 will the transformer and pucks not be available anymore? Great Project!! Thanks for all the work!
Steve

Spare parts will be available for a long time.
Shiga MKII is going commercial.

Regards,
Tibi

Sorry for confusion, "...too soon for me, to collect enough money for the high-grade board :)"
If i sign up for the high-grade board, can you hold it for me a bit longer? February or maybe March?
I have tried many dvd + cd players as a cd transport, but never been really happy with them...So far the best i have had is Pioneer DVD-V7300. I hope the "Shiga" will be better.
Thanks.
na

Sorry for confusion, "...too soon for me, to collect enough money for the high-grade board :)"
If i sign up for the high-grade board, can you hold it for me a bit longer? February or maybe March?
I have tried many dvd + cd players as a cd transport, but never been really happy with them...So far the best i have had is Pioneer DVD-V7300. I hope the "Shiga" will be better.
Thanks.
na

This is not an issue. Pls subscribe to the GB.
I'm confident that Shiga MKII will become your preferred digital source.
I spent some time now comparing Shiga MKII with lot of CD players and computer based sources. So far nothing was even closer to Shiga MKII high-grade.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.