New build planning phase - sound bar - advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all and happy easter :)

Have looked at all options and I think I'll be looking for a new tv with wifi connection to soundbars - this way I might be able to keep the build cost down :)

The receiver idea is great but prices in Denmark are just way too high when looking at what this board cost: Up2Stream Pro V2 WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 HiFi audio receiver board ( 49 USD )

But there is no doubt that it's a project that I'll have to expand on - and later rebuild it a bit :)

I like the idea of using the headphone output for the TV until I change it :)
Tomorrow I'm gonna get the keys to the new house, So I'll soon be able to post pics of all my failures :p

<snip>

And to connect the TV via HDMI. Would love to have ARC activated, so the sound volume when using the tv/apple tv, would be controlled by what ever device we use ( and not a 3rd one to the amp )

<snip>
:D

I'm not sure from this if you are or are not expecting the audio level to change on the HDMI/ARC
from the TV. I can tell you on an LG OLED TV the audio levels on HDMI or TOSLINK do not change
with the remote. The level is always 'Max', not near up to clipping but the level is consistent from
source to source.

Take a look at my 5.1 preamp link. Some of what you want to do may have been done. I've been
running DIY 5.1 for a couple of years and did my own preamp last year to add tone controls and
synthetic (summed L & R) center and sub output for stereo only sources. The goal was to make it all
work with the cable box remote so that you just turn on the TV like in the past and it does 5.1 when
present. BTW it sounds pretty good.

5.1 channel preamp

Stay safe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.