New Aleph-X alive!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

A long time ago I started building two Aleph-X mono blocks. Last week I've finished this project and here are some picutres:

The amps:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Input Stage:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The first test:

Soft start and auxilary power modul

Output Stages are finished:

Main Power:

First mounting of all case parts:

The backside:

Inside the amp:

Some technical specs:
70W/4 ohms load
16 volts per rail
12x IRFP240 per unit (IRFP044N wasn't available from my distributor, so I changed the order into IRFP240)
PSU: 120000µF per unit
PCBs are layouted and fabricated by myself
case was build with 3mm aluminium the front was milled into 30mm massive aluminium´

Questions are welcome, I'll try to answer as good as possible.

I'm very happy with this two amps. I like them. Now its time for building a preamplifier.

Raphael

that is some great work!

i like the way you incorporated the look of the production
Aleph-X, but in your own style.

Submit your pictures to PassDiy, this amp needs to be in the Gallery! :)

...the only question i have is are you using fans
for the heatsinks? 'cause they look a little small.

Yes I'll send some pictures and a a short description to PassDIY.com within the next few days.
Dr. Gone, what do you mean with wiring. The speaker cabel? They are T+A Speaker Six. Why I used it? It was lieing here so why not using it?
@Dennis: Because of Bi-Wiring. I'm using Monitor Black&White speaker cable, two binding post make it easier.
@moe29: I'm not using fans. I thought about it but decided not to use fans. But I can mount two fans per unit if it will be turned out that it is necessary. Therefore the two grills on the back side. but after running the amps for one hour the heatsink temperature increase stops at 53°C.
@Eric: Not really. The front panels were made on a CNC-machine. So, I had only to draw and to varnish them.
@dr. strangelove3: Yes, thats the ghost of Class-A. ;)

Raphael

AudioAngel said:
Dr. Gone, what do you mean with wiring. The speaker cabel? They are T+A Speaker Six. Why I used it? It was lieing here so why not using it?

No, I meant internal wiring. I ask you this because I'm curious what type of cable people use inside their amplifiers. Since many people (I assume) use wiring outside their amplifier that may cost quite some money, what type of cable do they use inside their amplifiers. In my experience, cables can influence the sound quite a bit, but in the past few months I haven't read a single post (on the Pass Labs forum) about cabling inside the (Aleph) amplifiers, I was curious...

- Jacco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.