Never ever rent a car from Hertz Corporation, they are cheating!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Years back we dropped off a Hertz rental at LAX airport. 3 months later they tried to bill the AMEX card for the full value of the car, because "It was not returned". Yeah, right. That was the second time they had lost a car and tried to bill me for it. I don't use Hertz any more.

They don't have the brightest of lights working at car rental shops anywhere. Screw-ups are common.

Wow, I am lucky! Only one month left before they lost a tank of gas. Or may be 2 months later they will bill me for a new car as well? :eek:

Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
BUY THE RENTERS INSURANCE POLICY!!!!!

Been there. Done that!

I was cruising in a generic boring GM rental car (from Hertz I believe) on I-95 in Florida. It was dense traffic moving at freeway speed. Suddenly, the car in front of me swerved and right in front of me appears a spring mattress. So I swerved and changed lanes to avoid the mattress. Only to hit the box spring for said mattress in the next lane over. Joy. It turns out hitting a box spring at 60 MPH really tears up your car. It knocked the exhaust, damaged the oil pan on the automatic transmission, and shredded one of the tires. I pulled over and noticed the automatic transmission fluid flowing at a rather rapid pace out of the tranny and decided it was time to call the rental company.

Long story short... Three hours later, I was continuing my trip in a brand new Jaguar provided by the car rental company. It needed to be returned to Tampa where I'd end my trip.

Thankfully, I bought the LDW (Loss Damage Waiver). I never paid a dime over the original cost of the rental fee.

Yeah... Get the LDW. Otherwise, the rental company can come after you for the value of the vehicle, repairs, loss of rental income, etc. Even if your normal car insurance covers rental cars, they usually only cover the car itself. Not all the "extras".

~Tom

If I were you, first claim here

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection

The Argentine version worked fine, until the government closed it. :rolleyes:

They require amount I paid, what card did I use, name and telephone number of the person who I talked to.
I called Hertz, ended at the phone menu option "Fuel charges inquiries", and found that "Waiting time is more than 30 minutes, please stay on the line".

They require amount I paid, what card did I use, name and telephone number of the person who I talked to.
I called Hertz, ended at the phone menu option "Fuel charges inquiries", and found that "Waiting time is more than 30 minutes, please stay on the line".

Here is the same, ugly music for almost an hour and suddenly mysteriously cut the call.
When I was in trouble, I informed the company my intention to go to Consumer Protection.
Most of the time that was enough, if I needed more data and did not answer my calls, I sent an e-mail.
After beginning the claim processed, came to the hearing the director of the company!

Here is the same, ugly music for almost an hour and suddenly mysteriously cut the call.
When I was in trouble, I informed the company my intention to go to Consumer Protection.
Most of the time that was enough, if I needed more data and did not answer my calls, I sent an e-mail.
After beginning the claim processed, came to the hearing the director of the company!

Now they are well protected by phone menus and "Read customer support FAQ on our site" from unsatisfied customers. It reminds me more and more Soviet Union where employees of companies could do everything to customers they want, as the result service was horrible.

But anyway I filled the claim to FTC, thank you for the link!

Now they are well protected by phone menus and "Read customer support FAQ on our site" from unsatisfied customers. It reminds me more and more Soviet Union where employees of companies could do everything to customers they want, as the result service was horrible.

But anyway I filled the claim to FTC, thank you for the link!

Look on the positive side, even the American Dream has some minor problems.

When things get worse, here I can to send a "Carta Documento"

carta documento > notification by post

If nothing works, you can sell your soul to a lawyer...:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.