Netbook and Speaker Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I normally use Arta on my main computer to test speakers, (usual panasonic mic, etc) but recently acquired a netbook- Toshiba NB100 with 120G hard drive.

It would sometimes be useful to use this instead for simple speaker testing outside, freq and impedance mainly.

Has anybody got suggestions for a suitable sound card, (I presume the internal one is not adequate, but open to correction). It need not be USB or battery powered, and ideally should not be too expensive.

Also any suggestions for software?- I see there are several new freebees available.

Thanks

I also use ARTA at work for speaker and amplifier testing, with an E-MU 0404 USB soundcard, but I have also tried using my ASUS eee901 netbook with a M-audio Transit USB external card and this works well, if you allow for the small 1024 x 800 9" display. I don't know about your Toshiba netbook, but the built-in audio on the eee901 isn't good enough for audio testing purposes. (The M-audio Transit is tiny and has very good performance but only works full-duplex up to 48kHz sampling).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.