Negative manual keystone adjustment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have sony vpl-cx4 mini projector, my problem with it is what I would call "negative" keystoning ie the image is smaller at the top than the bottom.

I know that this is caused by me placing the projector above my head, level with the centre of my screen (so I can watch movies/xbox). However this sony is designed to sit on a table low down, and the digital keystone correction only makes the top of the image narrower and therefore is useless for me (no, I can't turn it upside down!).

I have had a peek inside one of my spare part projectors (I rebuilt the working one out of three bust ones) and the lens is screwed to a bracket. I should be able to tilt the lens up or down.

Question is do I move it up or down, and would it fix this anyway? Would it make the image much worse? I tried tilting the screen and got to about 10 degrees and focusing became a problem.

I've checked the other threads but they don't quite apply. Where would I get a wee fresnel lens anyway.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.