need to purchase a new lcd.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey everyone im back.

since school is starting in 3 weeks i think i am going to finish my projector.

i have already purchased like 3 lcds and none of them could suffice for this project.

so i need a 15" lor 14" lcd that is easily stripped. for like 100 dollars

if anyone could help me out i would be greatly appriciated

you could start building your projector by using a plexiglass cut to size(14-15") as a dummy screen. To make the dummy screen more realistic, print out a transperence that have gray bars or darken pictures to block most light to mimic the effect of LCD. once you get your LCD, you can swap in the LCD. BUT, leave enough room for PCB board though.

Did you not read any of the responses? I just told you about a monitor that you should be able to get for around $150, plus it has a tv tuner and video inputs so you don't have to buy a separate component to directly play tv and Xbox and Playstation. And no FFC issue. If you don't have to buy a $60 converter box, then the LCD is under $100, right?

I got a 150 mp from ebay for 91 bucks and 10 bucks shipping. It has no issues except that it didn't bring a remote and has one very small blemish on the screen, barely noticeable only in a white background.

My advice is keep looking. Save some searches on ebay like "Vg150" or "150mp" and make it send new search results to your email. I put the interesting ones on my watch list and this is how I got this one for so cheap.

That's my ebay advice :)

Javier

Also, the vg150's do sell as buy it now for less than 100 most of the time and they are very decent monitors. I have one right here but it has a vsync issue. I bought this one for 25, thinking i could fix it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.