Need some major help building a system!

Z4_amp_boardbrokediode_zpsb807fbd5.jpg

Is that part (One with the Arrow in the red square) easy to find or would I have to go to a specialty place to find it. Is it possible to just fix this one? It's supposed to be attached to the sub board like the one on the left.

Logitech Z4 remote bypass

Hi, I have a Logitech Z4, 2.1 soundsystem that has no remote and so i would like to bypass it by mounting a power on/off switch and a potentiometer on the subwoofer but i don't have a circuit schematic for the 9 PIN port could anyone help me please? Thank you very much

Attachments

• logitech_z4-8.JPG
    logitech_z4-8.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 75
Hello fellow audio enthusiasts!

I have a scooter sound system project in the process and I have run into a few problems! I have searched high and low for solutions and I have gotten so so many different answers and opinions. Heres what I'm trying to do

3 weeks ago I bought an electric scooter (The Raptor) and I have desperately been trying to figure out how to power my small 23w Sub that I took out of a 2.1 with sub PC speakers (Logitech Z4's). My first attempt literally almost killed me. I laugh at my major stupidity now but in all seriousness I could have died or at the least been seriously injured.Long story short I watched a video online on how to turn a car battery into a battery back up with a 12v cigarette lighter adapter. I then went out and got a 200w power inverter. I plugged in the speakers as is (in the original box). At first it worked awesome. My first test of a 20 minute trip went smooth. However my 2nd trip of an hour went horribly bad! The battery caught on fire while I was driving and caught my back trunk compartment on fire. Lets just say my bike no longer has a trunk lol.

I have been doing some research on the SLA batteries that my bike uses but I'm told that I would only get at most and hour of play time out of a charge. Which is actually pretty good for me since I never really ride the bike for "hours" straight.

Anyways now that you have a bit of background to what I have been up to here is what I have done so far and where I'm at.

I decided to try and power the full range speakers (both are 17w a piece) with an amp from a pair of USB powered pc speakers. So far they work fantastic. I bought a USB battery back up @ 3.6v and 2800 mha to power it on my bike. I took out the sub speaker and amp from inside the sub box.

Here is where I need help. I was hoping to be able to use the chips and diodes etc on the board I have and remake a new amp board specifically just to power the 23w sub. I have a better then average skills with a solder iron and I can follow direction with great precision but when it comes to knowing the details of what each chip and diode does is beyond me. I have no clue in where to begin to make a new amp board.

If someone could take a look at what I have (Pictures at bottom) and possibly help me find the proper instructions on how to build the amp and maybe any extra parts/materials I will need, so that it wont take a ton of power to run I would be so ever grateful!

FULL AMP BOARD VIEW:

Z4_amp_board_zps0fb49545.jpg

SUBWOOFER SERIAL NUMBER:
100_0884_zps454f369e.jpg

AMP BOARD ID:
100_0880_zps9121ba71.jpg

STA540 Amp Chip:
STA540AmpChip_zps7b45e9c1.jpg

JRC 45650 Amp Chip:
JRC45650Chip_zpsa4654440.jpg

TL074CN Amp Chip:
TL074CNChip_zps3fbf30b6.jpg

DIODES ETC..
100_0879_zpsbbd02417.jpg

100_0878_zps7d4dec1e.jpg

100_0877_zps498a90c8.jpg

100_0876_zpse6149f19.jpg

100_0875_zps69c4325d.jpg

Any help is greatly greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Sorry to bother you. My question is this, I saw the "Look inside Logitech Z4 Speaker System" I have these speakers however I am replacing the satellite speakers with better quality ones. But I do not know the amplifier power range that those logitech Z4 bring (for example Kinter MA170 "2 X 18 Watts Per Channel - 12VDC amplifier). Originally logitech Z4 gives its small impedance speakers 3 Ohms 2 x 8.5 Watts RMS per channel (that's what the user manual says ). I am currently testing it with some reuse old loudspeakers of 3 Inch 4 Ohms (which used to be powered with 12.5 Watts per channel) The Sound and volume is good. I have no experience in speakers so please can you tell me what it is Min and Maximum power range in Watts RMS that the Logitech Z4 Amplifier can deliver for each Satellite. My fear is to buy some 3 Inches - 15 Watts - 4 Ohms Hi-Fi speakers and that they do not work in practice because they sell hifi speakers. the same size but different watts ...
Attached Photo of current speakers I am testing with 3 Inches - 4 Ohms - Unknown Watts.
Online they sell 3 Inch - 4 Ohms hifi speakers but with different operating power, I do not know if it will support using a 15W or 20W or 25W speaker per channel "L and R" RCA of the Logitech Z4. I don't want to damage the amp.

Thanks for your advice and advice.

Attachments

• Speaker.jpg
    Speaker.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 44