Need more info on CM6632A?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

So I was looking at the CM6632A for making a simple audio interface. The plan is to use a few external ADCs for in and a DACs for out. The application is a bare-bones Eurorack audio interface similar to the ES-8. I just want to be able to take my Eurorack patches and CVs in to the computer for processing, and CV and audio out back to the rack.

The CM6632A seems like the right fit. Unfortunately, the data sheet and Cmedia's website is missing a lot. They also have not responded to my emails from two weeks ago.

The data sheet does not explain what each pin does or what is required for them, and I cannot find much online on the topic.

Is there a typical use schematic? How is the firmware programmed? Do I even need the external flash if I'm not doing anything besides basic 8 channel transmission? How do I get a minimal working example?

Could you describe why a well-described CM6631A chip with available SDK is not enough for your purposes, please?

The CM6631A only appears to support two channels out, two channels in, while the 32A supports 10 channels of output and 4 channels of input.

This application is for a Eurorack audio interface similar to the ES-8. In order to transmit sufficient control voltages, many channels are required.

@thorlucas
To clarify: the CM6631A support four channels out (2x stereo outputs) and four channels in (2x stereo inputs). If that's not enough, I understand.

Ah… see the datasheet was written rather ambiguously. I assumed “typical 2 channel applications” meant two channels — one left one right.

4 channels out and in, while not exactly what I wanted, is certainly good enough to get started with.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.