need information about class A 50W L10 kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !

I builded a ebay kit L10 that I had in stock for a long time it's suppose to be a CLASS A 50W per channel but I think it's impossible because the transistor and the heatsink stay always cold I don't know why ?!

Anybody have experience with this L10 ?
I don't know if I need to adjust the bias or what's wrong...

this is the link of my kit:
L10 Class A 50W+50W Amplifier board + Power board + Speaker protection | eBay

Thanks in advance !

nicK

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hi !

I builded a ebay kit L10 that I had in stock for a long time it's suppose to be a CLASS A 50W per channel but I think it's impossible because the transistor and the heatsink stay always cold I don't know why ?!

Anybody have experience with this L10 ?
I don't know if I need to adjust the bias or what's wrong...

this is the link of my kit:
L10 Class A 50W+50W Amplifier board + Power board + Speaker protection | eBay

Thanks in advance !

nicK

Read the title of the listing: "New class A".
Which means class B, maybe AB... :)

New-Class-A ? (whats it mean)

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
You need at least 1,76A constant bias current to get 50 Wrms into 8 ohms in a typical push-pull class A amp. Assuming you have a minimum of +/-30 Vdc supply to get the 50 W power it gives 105 watts heat to dissipate per channel....
What is the bias setting of the amp?
Also the power supply caps seems small value for class A...
The use of “New “ class A should be explained... There is dynamic bias feature used in some amplifiers but I do not know if it is the case here......:rolleyes:
Fab

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.