• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need helps with building poweramp stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody
I always want to build a tube guitaramp (and a bassamp too if I could - I play both) for myself. I would like to build that amp using a preamp like JCM800 with an FX loop, but the poweramp not use tubes like EL34 or 6L6 or smth else because those are too popular => too expensive in my country. My idea is using those Russian military grade tubes like GU-50 or 6C33C (am I crazy :D), because those tubes are still cheap, easy to find NOS ones in my country & of course, very durable. The preamp & FX loop would use 6N2P-EV & 6N1P-EB military tubes too.
The problem is that I only have enough knowledge to read schematic, work with tube, soldering... BUT not to design something new , so I don't know how to use those GU-50s & 6C33Cs for a guitaramp. Do a search with Mr.Google & I find some schematics using GU-50 PP, 6C33C PP OTL ( I think the poweramp stage should be PP or PPP class AB, and OTL for 6C33C) ; but all of them are for Hi-fi/Hi-end uses, I don't know if I can use them for my poweramp. Can you guys help me solve this problem? Any advise would be great :)
Thanks
P.S: - my English sucks, i'm sorry

Miles Prower said:
^^^^
May be this will help: PP Loadline Mini Tutorial
Thanks alot, Miles :)
Looks like it would take me months or more for a noob like me to understand all those knowledge, but I'll try, I promise :D
But actually the main thing I want to ask how to use tubes like GU-50 or 6C33C (I prefer GU-50) in a poweramp stage of an guitaramp, instead of those popular ones like EL34, 6L6GC, 6550... Any change/mod should I do with the original schematics (JCM800...) or must I use completely new schematic to use the GU-50 etc... these kind of advise would be more helpful, not that i'm too lazy (actually i am ;) ) to read Miles' tutorial but it would cost a lot of time for me to read, learn and design a new whole amp :rolleyes:
Regards,
Duong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.