• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Need help with buying small part from eBay Germany

Reaching out to a kind DIYA-member, who could help me buying one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284696162283

and forward it in a small bubble envelope to Denmark. Obviously seller doesn´t ship outside Germany.
I sent him a message through Ebay, but no answer.
I´ll pay all costs by PayPal (family and friends) to anyone (preferably German), who could help me out here.
It´s an idler belt for a Kenwood KX-800 (no extra suffix), which has exeptional sentimental value to a friend of mine, and I
promised to fix it. Haven´t seen this belt for sale anywhere else, so please...... anyone??
Just PM me with details, and I´ll write back whith shipping adress etc.

Thanks for reply @OmeEd
but the seller in the link is from Germany. Although he claims to ship worldwide, there´s exeptions for nearly half the globe, incl.
all scandinavian and most other EU countries...... go figure.
I already received an offer of help from another member. Will post how this proceeds. If not, I´ll come back to your offer.

Yes, she claims to ship to all those countries including Denmark, but you can only select Germany, Norway, US Virgin Islands and UK. I suppose she did not want to look up the postage. You could try buying and then specifying Denmark and then ask him to adjust the postage. If that doesn't work, I can do it for you.

Ok, glad that's been resolved.

That listing is a mess. The ebay.uk version says ships to where the original ebay.de version does not ship to. What is more, the German version also says does not ship to any of the German islands off the North and Baltic sea coasts which is ridiculous because it is shipped as a postal letter and the German postal office serves the islands at the same rate (some of the commercial parcel services charge extra for the islands which is why some sellers exclude the islands or charge extra for these destinations).

Final update to the story.
@raelman was the first to reach out to me. Although living in Spain, he bought the rubber tyre, and got it
shipped to a friend of his in Hamburg, Germany.
His friend then repacked it and shipped it to me, and today, it landed in my mailbox. :love:
I´m forever grateful for this help.
(y)(y)(y) to @raelman for going out of his way to help another DIY´er.

Reactions: 3 users