need help with alpine 3673 crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an alpine 3673 crossover with a blown diode(I accidently blew it when I hooked the power wires backwards.) the only identification on the diode is "2L". also , before I blew the diode my rear inputs on the unit caused my alpine mrv t757 amp to flash the protect light which meant floating ground. anyone can help me on this would be greatly appreciated. btw, I tried finding a schematic for this unit but couldn't find one. thanks.

The diode is likely the reverse protection diode. If so, it's not critical. The fuse in the crossover should have blown before the diode (if it's the RP diode). Check the owner's manual for the recommended fuse.

Have you checked the shield grounds on your head unit?
http://bcae1.com/images/rca/temporaryrcashieldrepair.html

Have you tried plugging the head unit directly into the amp?

well the fuse blew and I took the cover off the unit to see if I fried anything and saw the blown diode. it was in the circuit path leading to the positive battery terminal. its black with a grey band and have very little idea of what to replace it with. as for my ground shields, I'm temporarily using one set of cables off my headunit. going to the front inputs of the 3673 unit then to the t757;which works fine but as soon as I switch the same cable going to the front input of the 3673 to the rear inputs of the 6373 it makes the t757 protection light flash but the amp still plays music. btw, any recommendations on what diode to use as a replacement? thanks for the response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.