Need help trouble shooting JL Audio Slash 500/1 v1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I went thru the common trouble shooting tips.

The amp powers on, voltage looks good at 14v with car on.

I am using signal sensing.

I measure the voltage from the speaker terminals and it normally works for a bit soon as I turn it on and after a little but usually less than a minute the sub no longer works but the amp still has power. I get the same behavior when I hook it up to the sub, it works for a bit and then no longer works. While driving it works intermittently.

I thought it may be something to do with the rca cables or the tap from the speaker wires, so I grabbed my iphone and plugged a 3.5mm to RCA and plugged it directly to the amp still did not work.

I opened up the amp and do not see any burn resistors or blown capacitors.

I know this is an old amp, just not sure if I should give up and buy a new amp or if this one can be saved. Any help appreciated.

I am curious if anyone has replaced the comax switches in a JL Audio 500/1 v2 or any other JL Slash Amp and has the specific part number for the 3-position slide switch? The 3 position switch used in the Amp Low-pass filter has slide contact issues and probably needs to be replaced.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.