Need help quick please! P101 bias related

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: Re: Need help quick please! P101 bias related

rabbitz said:

You probably already have the answer but turn VR1 CW (clockwise) to get minimum resistance. Check with a DMM from the single pin to the 2 joined pins to be sure. BTW, you've got a 20K in your post.... typo? as should be 2K.

I'd be interested how the final bias voltages come up as I didn't get close to the documented values across the 100R test resistor.... a lot of others haven't either. With min resistance on VR1 I was getting 0.68V-0.85V and on the final 2.68V-2.87V. Amp works well without any problems.

Cheers

Sorry missed this one!

Typo with the 20K I did mean 2K ;)

Voltages across the resistors with minimum resistance on VR1 and using the 58VDC supply was 1.84v, after adjustment ~3.87v. Why are your so low? I presume since you are happy that it doesn't really matter.
Measuring across the speaker output reveals 4-5mv.

I have made some changes to the standard component suggestions, I'm using black gate electrolytics and also using Exicon fets after Rods recommendation that they are quite possibly better sounding than Renesas/Hitachi parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.