Need help picking a mid..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
No more of a problem than your mains as it is the same design

All the same it is my oppinion that the better a welldefined sweet spot the worse it is off axis - off course you can design with a broad and wider listening position, but it will result in a more diffuse soundstage and less precision, no free lunch here - I am sure many will dissagree with this

Personally I dont think of it as a problem as I prefer to be on my own when listening to quality music, but films are not so important to me - but isnt the center there to deal with some of these problems

Well I'm 21 years old and I own my own house so I'm always having friends in and out the door. Although, while I'm doing critical listening I do like to be on my own, but on the weekends the music has to fill the whole room...sometimes the whole house :)

My girlfriend and I love watching movies on a weekday night, and another couple may join so I think I'd be better off having a broader soundstage for my situation.

I just ordered one of those "center channel shelfs" that attach to the TV to mount the center channel, so I think I can get away with a vertical alignment, quite a big one at that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.