Need help for my FE126

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One day, after I was back from work, I find one of my FE126 on my Harvey like that.

A little girl found it was funny to pressed her finger on it.

I think it will be now a good chance to put a phase plug on the FE126. Any one can share his experience on this operation. "add phase plug to Fe126".
Is it difficult?

140207.jpg

I hear that is one of the few speakers that cutting the dustcap out cuts a little wire and ruins your driver. If it was my driver I would take a sewing needle or two and pull it out and then cover it with some puzzel coat, as well as the rest of the driver (not surrounds).

I've had this very problem before with a different set of speakers. I used a vacuum cleaner attachment of approximately the same size to suck it back out. The dust caps on mine were permeable so I wasn't worried too much about sucking them off. On the Fostex you might try sucking out on it, but turn the vacuum off before you pull away the attachment to ensure you don't pull the dust cap completely off (of course depending on how powerful your vacuum is). You might try taking the bag out of your vacuum (if you have a vacuum like that) to reduce the power.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The construction of the dustcap is such that once pushed in it is toast... phase plugs allow some recovery.

With the phase plugs you gain some (maybe -- our listening test ended up with -- more comparison required)and you loose some. What you loose is some bass control -- it becomes easier to overload the driver in the bass (i guess because you loose the dampping of the airspring under the cap).

dave

Attachments

• pluggedfe127en.jpg
    pluggedfe127en.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 179
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.