Need Guidance: High Power LCR Home Theatre Build (Crossover Components)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using aluminum shell wire-wound resistors as they can handle high power, or so I have researched.

I am also trying not to skimp out on remaining parts as they can be salvaged for future projects (picture attached).

Attachments

• PartsType.png
    PartsType.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 60
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
To clarify, none of the drivers ended up with their polarity reversed, and this is how to begin building them. In the dxo, I reversed all of them. This is the same thing as reversing none of them. It was done to make the graphs easier to read.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hello faridj,

At this point it would not be helpful to blow your budget on expensive parts. This is not where you make the primary difference, that is done with your crossover calculations and the quality of your data.

It is likely that you will want to tweak the values anyway. It is often a challenge to equate what you hear with what the charts tell you. You might end up changing some of those components.

Are you happy with the crossover at this early stage, or can you see a place for improvement?

Hello AllenB,
Good point.
Sadly due to space limitations I can no longer use the big bulky boxes with the 15" woofer (see picture attached). Hence the move to 2x 10" woofer per speaker.

Plus the Emotiva center channel while very good can't keep up with the left and right (I prefer not to reduce the levels). So I want to make 3x speakers LCR with identical components.

I think the first thing to check is if the suggested 10" woofers would blend in better than the 15" woofer (where I am not too confident with manufacturer data anyways plus there is no zma available) with the right crossover?

I am reattaching the .dxo file with the data of the 10" woofers included. I am very confident with the data Dayton Audio provides.

Attachments

• systemsetup2.jpg
    systemsetup2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Crossover_Design_2-OCT-20v6.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 26
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.