Need a Shure earphone kludge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shure SE215-K

I've had 2 pair over the past 5 or so years and couldn't be more pleased with the sound Except for the base. Shure says that the earphone has to be tight inside the ear for the device to render its best base sounds. I've experimented with the various size rubber cushions that slide over the earphone's sound tube and am currently using the best of the litter for my ears.

The base is mediocre to fair with the phones squeezed in. However, if I ever so slightly press and gently hold the earphones in with my fingertips, the base is like an order of magnitude better.

What I'm thinking is I need some kind of light, springy, 'thing' (similar to but a much smaller profile than the over-the-head-strap that connects regular headphones together and against the ears). If there existed (which may be the case) a metal or plastic that a person could manipulate/form themselves and the material would somehow retain a certain springiness that could be calibrated by certain maneuvers during the DIY 'forming' process--well, I think you're getting the idea

I realize this sounds totally weird but maybe someone out there has run into a similar condition and found a useful solution?

Mark

Bibio--

I use silicone plugs for sleeping. The material's stickiness lasts for several days then I toss for a new pair since they no longer stay put all night. 'Tossing' won't work for an expensive pair of custom fitted.

headphone02--

How on earth can a pair of headphones be so cheap and possibly be any good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.