Need a DIY Stereo Blend Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have worked up some acoustic panels for the walls and ceiling and they have knocked out a lot of L/R crosstalk. This is GREAT for most recordings.

But some material from the late 60's forward is mixed with WAY too much separation for my taste. I remember there were blend controls on some old factory stereo gear to deal with this very problem but it seems not much info survives.

Anybody know where to find a schematic to blend from "normal" to almost mono with constant total output?

Thanks

Another few Google hours turned up two sources in Popular Electronics, Feb and Oct 1978 issues. Drove over to the local university library and finally got the microfilm loaded.

Yup, a four op-amp circuit that blends all the way to reversing left to right with a two gang 10K pot. The text says it maintains constant output level across the range of adjustment.

It will be a while before I put one together but will post back later.

Thanks for the help.

I've searched high & low & surprisingly can't find such a circuit.

I need to blend two separate audio signals into one (both are being sourced from the output of a prior TL072 opamp), with the option of having either just input 1, just input 2 or a combination of both (that'll be the blend bit)

There was a circuit called B Blender which looks as if it would suit my needs, but alas the website itwas posted up to has now gone, here's the description...

http://tinyurl.com/5k5yt6

& here's a thumbnail (larger gif can't be sourced)

http://www.tinyurl.com/6qnpoq (& I can't make it out!).

therefore I'm proposing this embarrasingly simple circuit...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This will feed a standard guitar amp - can anyone spot any issues with what I'm proposing or suggest a more elegant implementation? (I have two opamp stages free of a quad opamp chip on my present circuit board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.