Natural dielectrics (in caps and wire) like silk, paper and cotton sound more natural

Natural dielectrics like silk,paper or cotton sound more natural than say polyprop

• YES!

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • This is a stupid poll

Votes: 81 65.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, maybe we could put up a faint dotted line or two and say that:

Organic material is that which has evolved through natural selection to provide a specific benefit and that it is unmodified by any entity not originally involved in that selection process. Hence they would have an original basis for arising in anti-entropic activities

Natural materials would then be organic in origin, modified beyond their original organic state, but not changed in basic characteristic or removed from the chemical classifications that obtained, when they were in their organic state.

Supernatural materials would then mean natural materials that had been modified beyond their natural state but were no longer classified within their original chemical class.

Un-organic materials would be any pro or neutral entropic materials that have been modified to become anti-entropic materials, but used in the processes that created the original organic materials.

Non-organic materials would then be pro or neutral entropic materials that were not developed by the natural processes of random selection, but are still used in an anti-entropic method.

Radioactive materials, as always, including emissions by either fdegrove or SY, when orbiting each other in close proximity.

Bud

Your conclusion is too logical Bud. I like my made up definition better. Organic = things made with poop.

And nothing invented after the 19th century can come within 10ft of it or it's tainted - guess that means you'll have to buy everything from my imaginary organic audiophile company.

That's end of November, beginning of December.

The local beer is pretty awful, but there's a place that Pete Millett took me to downtown that has an amazing selection. Ginger Man.

Back on topic, I may have run into a killer plastic dielectric. Not used commercially yet. I'm trying to gather more info before I let the cat out of the bag.

Is it polymethylpentene?

John

This reminds me...

Attachments

• ransom.jpg
    ransom.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 153

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
This reminds me...

:D

I think you'd enjoy the attached .doc file. This one is timeless, IMO.

On topic:
Audiophiles spending up to $700 on a 3.3uF cap in a blinkered attempt to make their valve amplifier sound less crap:
http://www.v-cap.com/tefloncapacitors.html

It never ceases to amaze me just how much room for improvement there is in audiophile-certified electronics ;)

Attachments

• NicePeople.doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 51
G, none. That's rent money. I was given two of them by another forum member, who liked my past suggestions on rational design of dielectrics and expressed his generosity with Teflon caps of various sorts. That immediately suggested a project, which lay dormant for the past couple of years. Then I got off my butt and built it. It will be a fun party tool at ETF this year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.