NaO Note meets Nola Grand Reference?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hoping someone might shoot down this idea, or tell me it might be worth a shot -

What of NaO Note with a line array of say 8 tweeters, 6 upper mids, 4 lower mids (two at top, two at bottom), and some separate subs, kind of like the Nola Grand Reference Nola by Accent Loudspeaker Technology, Ltd.

My aim would be mostly for a bigger presentation - that quality Maggie 3.7s have. And also lower distortion and the ability to play a lot louder and/or use smaller amps.

Thanks for any opinions.

From a dispersion point of view, a WWMMTMMWW makes more sense than a short array which will exhibit combing effects in the critical passband. Gotta keep those driver distances at XO points less than a half wavelength. With today's tweeter technology, there's really no need for more than one if used properly from a power handling perspective. A central Beyma TP or TPL 150 crossed at 2k will play louder and cleaner than your ears can stand. Use two 4" mids of a single 8" above and below and you're in business. Combine the horn loaded Beyma with dipole mids and you could wind up with near constant directivity down to 400hz or so which takes the room reflections out of the equation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I like the idea also of a WWMMTMMWW. I've build a few active 4-way dipoles with the TPL, its a good driver but I want to try something different and with cheaper drivers. (I was also not entirely happy with the extension of the TPL-150 and ended up using a small Mundorf AMT super tweeter playing above the TPL's natural roll off)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.