Naked pictures of Pass

Pass Picture(s)

The Stereophile article was the first introduction to Nelson Pass (I think). I became a fan there and then because he talked about being a topologist. He studied, thought about, designed circuits with the goal of simple topology. This made sense to me, and I have followed his work and enjoyed his wit and wisdom along the way. That he would share his work with people like us is remarkable. God Bless Nelson!
Don

The Stereophile review was inspiring as well. Here's the best part. I never seen anything like that regarding Gaincard.;)

Attachments

• a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,210
aleph article

I have saved this issue because of the article. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a gaincard? Also, I wonder what the differences (sound wise) are between the Aleph 0, and the Aleph 4 that is nearly completed. I am hoping for great sound. I will drive Dynaudio Gemini's from 250 Hz up with it. Any opinions out there?
Don

That review sold me on Mr. Pass and his amps.

Just this month i got my first Pass product, an
Aleph 3. worth the wait!

Now i'm collecting parts for a ~5watt SOZ.
And will finish the Zen V1 that i started 5 years
a go, now that i've found this Forum and the
proper heat sinks!!!! :)

moe29

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Was just browsing through this thread when I finally discovered the provenance of the 2 huge hestsinks I’ve been hoarding since I found them halfway to the door while cleaning up after the first Burning Amp! Clearly someone got them at the parts raffle, then rethought carrying them blocks and blocks to their car. They are heavy!

Mystery solved.
This X250 review, I posted some time ago, also contains a few cute pics
Welcome Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
:cool:

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK now about me me me! what are suggestions for what Pass amp to build with those monster heatsinks there is the link to in Post 32.

Welcome Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

I have a couple of F-5's so I don't think I need an F-5 Turbo. Thinking on something more single ended based. But whatever..
Then I'll post a naked photo of the insides here when it's done.

Last edited: