• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nakamichi CR-1A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nakamichi CR-1A two head cassette deck for sale to a good home. $40 obo, plus shipping. Estimated shipping weight under 20 lbs.

I am the original owner, and it will come in the original box with manual. Everything was working when I last used it about 5 years ago, and everything still seems to work, but I cannot for the life of me find a cassette tape:(. I will look for one in the meantime.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• nak.JPG
    nak.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 144
Free for PICKUP only - upstate NY

This deck worked a few weeks ago, but when I checked it out for a potential customer, it was not working.

It powers up, motor and tape handling appears to work ok, but no playback or record. I do not have time to fix this, but I did lift off the cover and did not find anything to obvious, although one resistor looked like it had gotten a little hot. From where the resistor was on the PCB, I think it in part of the input signal processing, but that's an educated guess, not a diagnosis.

If someone lives in or near the NY capital district and wants to pick it up for free, let me know. If you want it shipped, it's $20 plus shipping. No exceptions.

John

About $30 via USPS (which is the only option for me). I would calculate a more exact amount, but you did not supply a zip code.

All the mechanical stuff appears to work (play, FF, REW, pause, and record), but all that comes out on play is some hiss and static, and the meters don't response to the input for recording. However, I'm selling this as is, since playback worked a couple of weeks ago, and I don't know what failed.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.