NAIM Speaker Protection - External Unit design

Hiya, I'm worried about the 'boom' when i turn on my Naim NAP150 amp (maybe upstream in the pre-amp etc, ) and whether it will damage my speakers. I decided to build a speaker protection board for my speakers but all of the ones i can find on ebay etc join together the two -ve sides of the speakers together and switch the +ve.
My question; looking at the NAP 150 PCB it looks like the -ve of the speakers is routed separately and i'm worried that linking them externally might be a bad idea.
Has anyone added external protection before?
Given how old the Amp is i might have opened it up and added a delayed 2PDT relay but it's still sounding amazing and is still worth money so i don't want to destroy it completely - conversely i don't want it wrecking my speakers either.

1716906985860.png

The PCB seems to take a round-about way to link them together - guessing to maintain the star earth.. I wonder if i'm about to create a nice earth loop through my speaker protection circuit?

My question; looking at the NAP 150 PCB it looks like the -ve of the speakers is routed separately and i'm worried that linking them externally might be a bad idea.
I don't think an external relay won't work, you can use two single channel speaker protection board separate the negative post on both channels.
1716937140912.jpeg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speaker-Protection-AC10-18V-DC12-24V-System/dp/B0B7FM6M7J

Or you can find some NE555 0-10 second delays on relay module, replace the relay with a better one like an Omron G2R, and you're good to go.
Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 17-08-06 Ha0af5b0d354c46e791b6bf23c81478d9i.jpg (WEBP Image 944 × 285...png

but all of the ones i can find on ebay etc join together the two -ve sides of the speakers together and switch the +ve.
That is an interesting observation. If I’m reading this correctly, the aftermarket protection boards have joined the speaker negative and protection board power neg (or ground) together?

I don’t believe I would do that. The sense circuit only needs a high impedance connection to the positive to detect an offset outside the SOA. The proper way to design these today is to keep the protect board’s power supply and neg/ground isolated from the pos and neg speaker terminals, especially in this age of balanced outputs and class D. Sometimes the speaker neg isn’t really a ground.

So i've reached a working prototype solution that i'm not happy with:
1717058706489.png

As you can see i've followed the pattern of linking the -ve side of the speakers together. Lesson from response above is to plan ahead and install 2 x protection boards and more importantly 2 x power supplies as they would link the -ve too if there were only one. Now onto building my production model with nice wiring. Decided against just a timed relay as these modules offered DC offset protection as well as soft-start.