NAD DAC M51 vs. Philips TDA1547 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am only able to get the coaxial input workable ...not the USB. Do you know how to ? There is a jumper included, but it seems this jumper is ported to the optical input. I've tried to connect it to all holes, without success.

Maybe there should be use of a driver ...i'm using Linux Mint 13 as OS.

I would contact a seller first about USB not working.
Well, 627 is a single opamp, obsolete and expensive...you should be reading ADA4627/4637 datasheet instead...than tell me what you see, he, he, he :)

correct about the 627 but 4627 is also a single

instead there is ad8512, ad8620, ad8652 and ad8616 dual ...showed in this list.

ADA4627-1 pdf, ADA4627-1 description, ADA4627-1 datasheets, ADA4627-1 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

yep, i will contact the seller ...and it seems i'm lucky, they are writing about them self:

It is handmade work, not something produced by factory, we also are diy hifier, not just only reseller like others. we have many other
finished DAC、amplifier, preamplifier ,headphone amplifier,tube amplifier and other hifi DIY audio parts for sell.
please add my store to your favorites.Thanks.

Last edited:
correct about the 627 but 4627 is also a single

Yes, but if you (whatever the reason) want to use 627 somewhere, you want to compare datasheets for 627 and 4627 first;)

instead there is 8510, a low price dual ...there is an included list of it here.
I'll take a look at 8510...you can take a look at AD8610/8620.

I run through the datasheets...i think you/me should stick to AD8620 as a prime candidate for the moment, especially as I have already heard them in TDA1547 dac (really excelent sound, btw).

I do agree ...it seems the best one.

Buuuut i'm interested in some quality ones. After the last three times buying ic's and semiconducters from China i haven't been lucky ( got several fake ones ). Should we go for Mouser or RS for good safe components ?

Last edited:
As I already mentioned, the adapters can be used only in the test phase, you can only dream of proper decoupling with them. For decoupling I'm using non-inductive film (= or <100nF) + 47-100uF electrolitics (low ESL, low ESR, high ripple current, the taller they are and smaller diameter they have, the better)

Last edited:
As I already mentioned, the adapters can be used only in the test phase, you can only dream of proper decoupling with them. For decoupling I'm using non-inductive film (= or <100nF) + 47-100uF electrolitics (low ESL, low ESR, high ripple current, the taller they are and smaller diameter they have, the better)

Thanks for info about this isue of decoupling.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.